Can I carry in Thompson Bowling Arena?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I just called the Administrative Offices and asked. The lady seemed absolutely shocked and offended (maybe even scared :screwy:) that I even asked that question. I said "I have a HCP and was wondering if it's against your policy to carry at the arena?" She says, "Oh God Yes!!" and then went dead silent on the phone. I said "well thank you very much, I appreciate it." and she just somewhat hesitantly said "alright." I didn't even think about it being part of the school campus. I've only been there once. Heck, the way she acted she's probably on the phone with the cops right now!

I'll tell you what though, anti gun people are so damn ignorant of reality! If I was a freakin criminal, does she really think I'd call and ask if I could carry my weapon in their facility?!! Just plain ignorance I tell ya! :lol:

Guest Bronker

PMama,

You are right about the anti-gun crowd. The problem is...the "un-informed" are as equally a problem as the "ill-informed". Sheeple...they kill me. I do get a chuckle thinking how her reaction to your question was intensified since it was a woman asking the question! You go girl!

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I think about how absolutely ridiculous her reaction really was. I can just see the look of sheer panic on her face as she thought about what kind of psycho woman would have the nerve to call and ask her if she could carry her weapon, while holding a valid HCP, into their facility. :screwy:

Guest johnnyo

I carried there at the Monster Truck show, concealed. I didn't see any signs saying otherwise. I'm not sure if I was 100% legal or not but don't ask don't tell worked for me that night. I had my son and daughter with me and wanted to feel safe.

I had to take a CPR class for our dept and while we were there one of the other deputies asked what I was carrying. I thought I was goign to have to administer CPR to the lady at the front counter when I pulled up my shirt to show him. The sad thing is she knew we were LEOs but for some unknown reason to me she didn't think we were armed. Let's think about this for just a minute. I'm a police officer and I am on duty in plain clothes and you didn't think I would be armed????

Well I went last night.....felt safe :cool:.....even talked to a couple LEO's on the way in.....no problems. The circus sucked compared to last year though!

Good. Because I was worried the headlines may be…

HCP holder goes berserk and starts shooting clowns.

Yep, I just called the Administrative Offices and asked. The lady seemed absolutely shocked and offended (maybe even scared :cool:) that I even asked that question. I said "I have a HCP and was wondering if it's against your policy to carry at the arena?" She says, "Oh God Yes!!" and then went dead silent on the phone. I said "well thank you very much, I appreciate it." and she just somewhat hesitantly said "alright." I didn't even think about it being part of the school campus. I've only been there once. Heck, the way she acted she's probably on the phone with the cops right now!

I'll tell you what though, anti gun people are so damn ignorant of reality! If I was a freakin criminal, does she really think I'd call and ask if I could carry my weapon in their facility?!! Just plain ignorance I tell ya! :)

you know your going to have black choppers hovering around your house now... right? :D