Bow Season 2014

http://youtu.be/iweOSPbU73Y

Lol.

Name him and put out some food and water. Gotta take care of the locals, lol.

Or.... use him for target practice :shrug:

LOL He's big enough that it tells me two things: One, he don't need me to help feed him, he's finding plenty on his own LOL And two, he's actually big enough I could probably hit him with my bow! 

But hell, I actually think it's cool seeing his fat rearend trottin through the woods. Definitely a break from the typical 3,000 squirrels! 

LOL He's big enough that it tells me two things: One, he don't need me to help feed him, he's finding plenty on his own LOL And two, he's actually big enough I could probably hit him with my bow! 

But hell, I actually think it's cool seeing his fat rearend trottin through the woods. Definitely a break from the typical 3,000 squirrels!

Haha, they are fun to watch. I went to a different part of the woods today than where I saw that one Saturday. I'm curious to see if he will still be there next time I go to that spot.
  • Like 1
Work keeps getting in the way of my fun time, too.

I was able to go to the woods late afternoon today and look for my mechanical release that I lost. I was backtracking my steps, and when I reached my stand, I saw 4 does right under it. Figures! They saw me and bolted. I didn't find my release either, so I ordered a new one just like I had (Scott Mongoose). Rough start to the season so far, but I'm enjoying the time in the woods
  • Like 1

I have to be at work at 10:30am, so I can hunt in the morning but only till about 8. I have to figure in time to track it, gut it, and get it home and fill it with ice if I kill close to time to leave. I've done it many times before and said I wasn't going to this year because it makes for a long, long day at work. But.............you know how we always say "I'm never doing that again" Yep, I might go in the morning :)

• Like 1

Got out early this am.  Took my buddy along in hopes to film a hunt.  WX was great today hunted till about noonish.  Going in was the adventure. Startled some dogs that need to go bye, bye!  They charged us, I didn't realize that I could draw from the hip that fast.  Didn't take a shot on them, they retreated as soon as I drew. That pretty much set the tone for the rest of the morning.  All we that we saw were squirrels and chipmunks. Those nasty ol mutts must have ran deer all night long. The moon didn't help much either.  I swapped out the sd card when we left. Came home reviewed the camera. I see that I have a coyote problem as well.  So time to dial up extension .243 and 5.56.  Those things are going down!!  

• Like 2

Got out early this am.  Took my buddy along in hopes to film a hunt.  WX was great today hunted till about noonish.  Going in was the adventure. Startled some dogs that need to go bye, bye!  They charged us, I didn't realize that I could draw from the hip that fast.  Didn't take a shot on them, they retreated as soon as I drew. That pretty much set the tone for the rest of the morning.  All we that we saw were squirrels and chipmunks. Those nasty ol mutts must have ran deer all night long. The moon didn't help much either.  I swapped out the sd card when we left. Came home reviewed the camera. I see that I have a coyote problem as well.  So time to dial up extension .243 and 5.56.  Those things are going down!!  

Yeah, that don't sound good unless deer season is over and you just wanna bust yotes. Hope you get'm thinned out, at least you can do it early in the season now that you know. You could have not seen them this morning or on the cam, hunted all season wondering where the deer were.

That's cool. Sounds like it's close to you. I have 2 properties that I hunt. One is 1.5hrs away and the other is 1.25 hrs away. So it's a bit of a commitment when I decide to go.

It's about 25 minutes there, but when I hunt before work I hit school zones and traffic coming back home. I have state property I can hunt closer to home but don't really know the ground that well. I typically head out there some during bow season and hunt it some with shotgun in late gun season.

Y'all, it's supposed to be 40 here Saturday morning :rock:  with a high of 62 degrees! I hope after this rain tonight and tomorrow, followed by the cold air will have the deer really moving Saturday! 40 is gonna feel cold to us right now since we aren't used to it yet, and to only be in the low, low 60's for a high? Yep, I feel another 14 hour day....wait, if I'm planning on the deer moving, that means I shouldn't have to sit there all day.....I feel another 2 hour morning hunt, then field dress it, and come back out that evening and get another one LOL.

• Like 2
I went out and hung a stand this afternoon. Actually just took my climber and found a good spot and leaving the stand at the bottom of the tree.
I had to get moved down the ridge more to better cover the other trails but I feel good for Saturday morning.

On the way out saw a doe and a small buck (looked like a 6 point) standing in the landowners yard.
  • Like 2

I went out and hung a stand this afternoon. Actually just took my climber and found a good spot and leaving the stand at the bottom of the tree.
I had to get moved down the ridge more to better cover the other trails but I feel good for Saturday morning.

On the way out saw a doe and a small buck (looked like a 6 point) standing in the landowners yard.

I have better luck with last minute climbers than any other type of stand. I hope you get one!

• Like 1
I took off the whole week of Thanksgiving for hunting. Man I can't wait and was so excited when I found out I was approved. But this cool weather Saturday will be a nice cooler temperature hunt to hold me over till then haha. I can't wait for the rut, nothing like seeing bucks runnin them does! Edited by rugerla1
  • Like 1