Bow Season 2014

That always makes me nervous too cutting big branches from the stand like that. If it's a really branchy tree, I'll sit on the limb I want to cut and use a hand saw to lop off the bulk of it like you did. Then I'll get off and cut the remaining stump. Scary stuff for sure. Glad it worked out for you. I'll be out tomorrow finishing up some maintenance on my stands.

I drove by my hunting land tonight and had 3 does run from it across the street in front of me. Good times await

Edit: btw, nice stands you have there slappy Edited by Batman
  • Like 2

Glad you got it finished without getting hurt. Sometimes the simplest things we did as kids, can get us hurt as adults with a lot longer recovery time. 

And no problem on the mug shot, you're right, this close to deer season I'd be more excited about the stand than the super model. Of course, she'd be welcome to come help me hunt Nahhh nevermind, I need to be able to concentrate when I'm hunting HA HA!  :rofl:

• Like 1
WGI_0139_zps98e3196a.jpg

WGI_0178_zpscs2dcfqt.jpg

I don't think he changed all that much from velvet to all bone. Still a nice looking buck.

WGI_0260_zpsqnkmzsfs.jpg

This is daddy. He only shows up a few times a year. Mostly during rut. And he is almost entirely nocturnal. I think I have a few pics of him in the day light.

WGI_0096-2_zpszxjv6qnf.jpg

This is his brother or son. Either way only a 6 and he's huge. Again, mostly nocturnal. These last two pics were from last year. Hope they make a mistake and get love crazy one day and hopefully, ill be there to capitalize.
  • Like 1

They followed each other around through the end of the season. I have a few more pics just like this. Very strange.

I'm like you, I've heard people argue about whether turkey scare deer or they hang with them. I've seen both ways happen. However, bear and a buck? Never would have thought that!

Well with a rack like that, he should have no problems laying down the law. Or at least set ground rules. On the turkey and deer issue, ive seen them travel together often. They may not be best buds, but I see them in very close proximity to one another.

Yeah, I'm sure he could.

I always looked at it like this: Deer are smart, I see no reason why they wouldn't want to hang with turkeys especially knowing how good they are at knowing when something isn't right. Turkey runs, so does the deer  :rofl:

I keep wagering in my mind which direction the first deer will come out Saturday morning and what it will be. I almost feel like I'm sitting in my stand right now with a breeze in my face, cussing squirrels, and watching little birds swooping through the woods as crows caw from above.  :pleased:

Yeah, I'm sure he could.

I always looked at it like this: Deer are smart, I see no reason why they wouldn't want to hang with turkeys especially knowing how good they are at knowing when something isn't right. Turkey runs, so does the deer :rofl:

I keep wagering in my mind which direction the first deer will come out Saturday morning and what it will be. I almost feel like I'm sitting in my stand right now with a breeze in my face, cussing squirrels, and watching little birds swooping through the woods as crows caw from above. :pleased:

I agree with you on them relying on each other. Im like you. Im ready to get in the stand. I did some tidying up on mine today, just double checking things. With this cool snap (hope it sticks around) it should get them moving more during the day. My only concern is the amount of acorns. They really have no need to travel far from the bedding areas.
  • Like 1

I agree with you on them relying on each other. Im like you. Im ready to get in the stand. I did some tidying up on mine today, just double checking things. With this cool snap (hope it sticks around) it should get them moving more during the day. My only concern is the amount of acorns. They really have no need to travel far from the bedding areas.

I'm not sure when they are moving around me to be honest. I don't have a camera up. But they bed not too far behind the property line I hunt and I'm right off of their travel lane. So fingers crossed and praying the cold snap stays like you said!

It's Whitetail Eve! My favorite holiday!

I'm thinking we need some carols or something... 

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Bucks will be blowing

Adrenaline flowing

When tall tines are near.

• Like 2

It's Whitetail Eve! My favorite holiday!

I'm thinking we need some carols or something... 

Bucks will be blowing
Adrenaline flowing
When tall tines are near.

No tines need be present for my adrenaline to flow lmao! Actually, when tines are present, I think my heart pumps so fast, it times out and stops for a couple seconds :lol:
  • Like 1

Alarm set for 4am. Bow and thermacell are waiting next to my camo.
I look at lunar tables but don't put a lot of faith in them. They show tomorrow hunting hours as poor but damn it will be good to be out in the woods regardless.

I'm ready too, and I don't care about the lunar table either. I'm ready to HUNT!
Didn't get home from work til 9:15. Worn out. And my wife's having a lot of contractions so I reckon Im gonna sit it out in the morning. Good luck I hope everyone sticks a biggun'.

I'll be in a tree tomorrow afternoon though if the contractions subside (or if we have a baby before noon, lol)
  • Like 2