Bow Season 2014

I'm super excited about it this year. I still have a lot of work to do though... mow the trails, plant a couple small plots, stand maintenance, etc. I always look forward to it, but somehow it always sneaks up on me. Need to get to work. I just hope I can avoid the ticks/chiggers this year!

Sneaks up quick every year. Yeah, I hope you don't have the same attackers after you like last year too! 

Wow, that's a good video. I'll put my cams head high

I think a small wedge behind the top of the camera to aim in more towards the ground would work to keep from only capturing squirrels on the tree in front of you. But it was amazing to see how the deer (especially the bucks!) got spooked even by a dead camera. 

• Like 1

That was amazing. I have so many still pics of bucks staring right into my camera with no subsequent pics. I bet they just bolted

Could have! Also makes me think that if there was a bigger, smarter buck behind the one on your camera. He will remember the bad ju-ju and may not ever come back to that spot. I can't wait to try it out, I would have NEVER thought to hang a camera at 6 feet! But after seeing that video, knowing that didn't come up with it after a month of research, but years of footage? Yep, I'll try it. Plus, the proof was in the video on the cameras.

• Like 1
I still have an ip camera, router, cell modem and other pieces to make a live remote camera that I haven't put together yet. I was inspired by that Live Crush Cam thread last year but ran out of time to make it happen. I actually kind of forgot about it. I think I'll work on that this weekend if I can

I still have an ip camera, router, cell modem and other pieces to make a live remote camera that I haven't put together yet. I was inspired by that Live Crush Cam thread last year but ran out of time to make it happen. I actually kind of forgot about it. I think I'll work on that this weekend if I can

I'll do good to work the camera and move the pictures to my laptop  :rofl:

Hey, it's one day closer to opening day Batman <-----jumping up and down!

• Like 1

I found this video this evening. Thought y'all might find it interesting, basically studied the differences in how high you hang your game camera and the deer response. It's about 15 minutes or so but worth the watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVQUSR5BdIk&list=UUz-wWQIM_q2tII_kGHBYaGg

Thanks for the video, very helpful

Caught this doe on one of my cameras.

1017507_10204661879375197_82315614976726

• Like 2

No doubt that doe has a young'n running around. She needs a bra, lol.
Nice looking spot for a stand.

Lmao! Didn't even catch that (on my phone). But you're right, they look full! I've seen quite a few fawns in the wooded area in my neighborhood. I love seeing those cute lil things wobbling and bouncing around.

Lmao! Didn't even catch that (on my phone). But you're right, they look full! I've seen quite a few fawns in the wooded area in my neighborhood. I love seeing those cute lil things wobbling and bouncing around.

I enjoy watching them too. I'll give a pass to a fat doe if she has little ones with her. I had two little ones jumping and playing in a puddle of water in front of my stand a couple years ago. I had a successful hunt that evening even though I didn't harvest a deer. I'm starting to really get pumped about opening day!
  • Like 1

Anytime! How high is your camera there?

The camera is about 6', maybe slightly less.

No doubt that doe has a young'n running around. She needs a bra, lol.

Nice looking spot for a stand.

Yeah, been seeing lots of tracks there this summer so I figured I'd move one of the cameras to see what showed up.  Nice thing is it's less than 100 yards to the cabin.  I'm thinking the young one triggered the camera and got out of the range of the camera when mama moved in.

Going to my hunting property this weekend and I'm changing all my cameras to video.

The camera is about 6', maybe slightly less.

Yeah, been seeing lots of tracks there this summer so I figured I'd move one of the cameras to see what showed up.  Nice thing is it's less than 100 yards to the cabin.  I'm thinking the young one triggered the camera and got out of the range of the camera when mama moved in.

Going to my hunting property this weekend and I'm changing all my cameras to video.

I'm going to raise my cameras higher than what I have them and switch to video too

I need to have a raccoon apocalypse out at my property.   Those little crafty SOB's manage to eat so much of our supplemental feed for our deer they got to weigh 40lbs a piece.  Installing the Sharks Teeth on the legs of the feeders only seemed to allow them to get better grip! LOL!

• Like 2

I need to have a raccoon apocalypse out at my property. Those little crafty SOB's manage to eat so much of our supplemental feed for our deer they got to weigh 40lbs a piece. Installing the Sharks Teeth on the legs of the feeders only seemed to allow them to get better grip! LOL!

Maybe you need some foxes. I have a video from one of my cams of a fox chasing raccoons up a tree when they try to get into my feeder, lol. I'm trying to dig that video up... Edited by Batman

I'm going to San Diego to see my brother retire from the Navy after putting in 20 years :usa: ! When I get back, bow season will literally be right around the corner with just enough time to double and triple check for the things that are always missed due to buck fever before even seeing one! Cannot wait to see Luke retire, and then I won't be able to wait till opening day is one day away! Wishing my life away :wave:

I'm going to San Diego to see my brother retire from the Navy after putting in 20 years :usa: ! When I get back, bow season will literally be right around the corner with just enough time to double and triple check for the things that are always missed due to buck fever before even seeing one! Cannot wait to see Luke retire, and then I won't be able to wait till opening day is one day away! Wishing my life away :wave:

A big thank you to your brother Luke for his service to our Country! :usa:

I have been out of town for an extended period now, and it's killing me that I can't get in the woods. I need to do some prep work on my stands, cams, etc. I can't wait for the season to start, but I'm behind the curve.
  • Like 1
Quick PSA fellas! Make sure you have and use a Saftey Harness! Believe it or not, they do expire! I have been using one that came with a treestand and last year realized it had an expiration date of 2005!! Plus, there is a YouTube video of a guy hanging a lock on using the harness that came with a deer stand and it broke and he banged himself up pretty good. So spend $100 on a HSS or Muddy's because that's cheaper than obamacare.
  • Like 4