XD Owners!

Guest num7striker

Guest Fastzntn
8.99/50 for 9mm Blazer Brass is normal price at WalMart in Knoxville last couple months.

Plus tax, but without the shipping.

I bought UMC 9mm for 7.99/50 the other day (case of 10 price).

edit: just re-read your info. You're in CA now?

If so, I guess it's no wonder you have to buy online.

- OS

Wal Mart here usually charges around $13 for a box of 50 WWB. There is a Bass Pro Shops that has Remington in the white and green box for $9.99/50, but by the time I drive there (45 minutes each way) and pay tax it's cheaper to buy on line.

Do you carry your XD? How do you like it as a carry weapon?

Unfortunately, getting a carry permit where I live, or anywhere in the state of California is a very difficult thing to do. I've seen some of the criteria, and to get a carry permit you almost have to have a person/group of people who have already attempted to kill you! A vast difference from what I was used to. I did complete a CCW class in TN, but I moved before I got the license.

Long story, but I did end up using a basic, generic holster and carrying it a couple of nights in a row when I had to meet up with a buddy at his shop that happened to be in east Nashville. It was mostly unobtrusive and easy to conceal. I'm sure with a better holster it would have even easier.

That's the extent of me carrying it.

At this point from a function standpoint I would be comfortable carrying it. I purchased it used from a friend, and not sure what happened but it worked flawlessly for 500 or so rounds then went through a stage where it would fail to properly load the next round after firing and the slide would hang up on the round jammed in there. It would do this 2-3 times per trip to the range. Now I'm approaching 1,000 rounds through it since any sort of failure. I really have no explanation for it. I can rule out limp wristing because many novices have shot the gun (they all love it by the way) in the last year and even with the muzzle flipping all around on them it still runs fine. I've even tested out 4 different kinds of hollow points and they all run. Which brings me to a point, if you're going to carry, pick a couple different types of hollow points and make sure what you want to load the gun with when carrying is reliable.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I have been reading this thread and you guys have me interested in the XD. I primarily want it as a carry gun preferably in 45 (I already reload for 45). I am not a big person 5'9" @ 160. I currently carry either of three guns G19, Taurus Titanium 38 or a Keltec P32. The Glock will be going to the wife.

Recommendations?

Guest bkelm18
Ok I have been reading this thread and you guys have me interested in the XD. I primarily want it as a carry gun preferably in 45 (I already reload for 45). I am not a big person 5'9" @ 160. I currently carry either of three guns G19, Taurus Titanium 38 or a Keltec P32. The Glock will be going to the wife.

Recommendations?

XD45 Compact. Can't get much more perfect than that. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Just replaced my XD-9 Tactical with one of the new XD-M 9mm pistols. This thing is sweet... 19+1 capacity, same size grip, interchangeable back-straps, even better sights, match-grade barrel, awesome trigger (plus Springer Precision already has a sear & spring upgrade for them available), and ya don't have to pull the trigger to disassemble it anymore... We have a winner here... can't wait to run it trhough it's paces.

Just replaced my XD-9 Tactical with one of the new XD-M 9mm pistols. This thing is sweet... 19+1 capacity, same size grip, interchangeable back-straps, even better sights, match-grade barrel, awesome trigger (plus Springer Precision already has a sear & spring upgrade for them available), and ya don't have to pull the trigger to disassemble it anymore... We have a winner here... can't wait to run it trhough it's paces.

Can't wait to hear your results. I know they will be through and well thought out, good, bad, the ugly. Are there, or have you noticed any subtle differences in the shape of the XDm that would cause them not to fit a holster you currently have for a XD?

Can't wait to hear your results. I know they will be through and well thought out, good, bad, the ugly. Are there, or have you noticed any subtle differences in the shape of the XDm that would cause them not to fit a holster you currently have for a XD?

I have tried it in the Blade-Tech and SERPA holsters I had for the Tactical with success... My only leather holster is for the SubCompact (which I still have, and will probably keep), so I couldn't try it. But, the XD-M fits nicely in both of the kydex XD holsters I've tried... perfectly actually. The frame geometry is nearly identical, and the slide has the same dimensions (other than length), just contoured a bit different, but not in any of the places which contact the holster.

Guest tbreed725

my wife has an xd sub two tone that shoots great ive had two full size xd s both gone for money reasons but im looking for another one right now i also stipple the xd frames like i do my glocks for a better more positive feel .

I have tried it in the Blade-Tech and SERPA holsters I had for the Tactical with success... My only leather holster is for the SubCompact (which I still have, and will probably keep), so I couldn't try it. But, the XD-M fits nicely in both of the kydex XD holsters I've tried... perfectly actually. The frame geometry is nearly identical, and the slide has the same dimensions (other than length), just contoured a bit different, but not in any of the places which contact the holster.

That's good to know. I can keep the same holster, if I decide to change.

My only concern is the weight. 32 oz empty! add 20 rounds of 9mm and that thing is gonna sag my britches down to my ankles.

That can't be right... it feels significantly lighter than the Tactical I had, actually. With a full mag inserted, it's noticably lighter than a gov't 1911. I'll weigh it, but I bet the 32oz is a typo, that's probably how much it weighs loaded.

That can't be right... it feels significantly lighter than the Tactical I had, actually. With a full mag inserted, it's noticably lighter than a gov't 1911. I'll weigh it, but I bet the 32oz is a typo, that's probably how much it weighs loaded.

I hope so, cause I'd really like one of those for carry.

My only concern is the weight. 32 oz empty! add 20 rounds of 9mm and that thing is gonna sag my britches down to my ankles.
I hope so, cause I'd really like one of those for carry.

XD 9 Service 28oz Empty Mag

XD 40 Service 29oz Empty mag

XD 9 Tactical 30oz Empty Mag

XD 40 Tactical 32oz Empty Mag

XDm 9 32oz Empty Mag

XDm 40 32oz Empty Mag

Source: http://www.springfield-armory.com

Guest Loaded247

I have an XD45 Service Model. I'm carrying 230gr. Federal Hydra-shoks in it right now. Later, I will probably switch to 230gr. Gold Dots. At any rate, I like the gun a lot. I carried it for a couple of weeks, then switched back to my G17, which I've been carrying this week. However, I'm already missing my XD45, so I will pull it back out and start carrying it again tomorrow...

I would hope so, they are all of Springfields website.

Both Kahr and Ruger sites posted some weights that weren't even close at one time when I was first researching carry options, so sometimes ya just don't know, ya know?

XD's are pretty heavy for their size, at least compared to their main competition, Glock. I don't care, since they are really built. One lb or 2.5 doesn't make much diff to me in IWB, at least as a dealbreaker for picking a certain firearm.

- OS

Both Kahr and Ruger sites posted some weights that weren't even close at one time when I was first researching carry options, so sometimes ya just don't know, ya know?

XD's are pretty heavy for their size, at least compared to their main competition, Glock. I don't care, since they are really built. One lb or 2.5 doesn't make much diff to me in IWB, at least as a dealbreaker for picking a certain firearm.

- OS

Gotcha and I agree, with the right belt/holster combo, the differences in weight won't make a difference for the most part.

Guest torasperry

XD owner also, Have an XD-45 It barks with anything I feed it. Great Firearm from Springfield Armory

Equipped it witha Viridian Green laser that slides onto the service rail. it is Awesome

ya can see it in the sunlight, Would love to have a 9mm version, But the Tried & True Browning High Power 9 mm fits the hand nicely and it also fires when needed.

Anyone thinking about XD should invest in one, XD is the BEST!