What's Important To You?

When deciding who would be the best President for you and our country, what are the most important policies you look at?

I'd say choose the top 5 that are MOST important to you, but feel free to choose as many as you'd like. Please try to list in order of importance.

1) War On Terror

2) Economy

3) Taxes

4) Gun Control

5) Social Security

6) Energy

7) Education

8) Immigration

9) Environment

10) Health Care

11) Abortion

12) Trade

13) Gay Marriage

14) Stem Cell

15) Death Penalty

16) Defense

17) Other - Please name

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Abominable_Hillbilly

The size and power of the government. Reduce both, and many (if not all) of the concerns you've listed would be less concerning.

Guest Big Mike

Freedom(war on terror/defense) without Freedom nothing else matters!------------------------------------------

Education, I believe we have been dumbing down our children for generations. Economy...

Guest Honest AK

Economy - The outlook is bleak.

Health Care - Approaching 48 million uninsured Americans as of January. 4 in 5 of those uninsured are employed and are either not offered insurance or can't afford it even if they are offered it. It's a national disgrace. I'm not convinced this can only be solved with a national health care system, though.

16) Defense - This is my job we are talking about here.

1) War On Terror - You mean war on Islamic Radicals

2) Economy 12) Trade - These go hand in hand, free trade for a free market.

3) Taxes - The Fair Tax Plan, and as Dr Walter Williams says "if 10% is good enough for the Baptist Church then it should be good enough for the Federal Government."

4) Gun Control - Is hitting your target every time

6) Energy - Drill here Drill now, We have over 2 trillion (that's with a T) barrels in Colorado that the Dems have banned us from extracting, whats up with that.

7) Education - Privatization and competition and bust those unions. The BEA has done more to destroy the education system in this country than anything else.

8) Immigration - Open borders but all welfare has to be canceled first

14) Stem Cell - I like the possibility of being able fix damaged organs and extending life with a higher quality of life

10) Health Care - We had better health care before anyone had insurance. I want to be able to go to the doctor and pay with a chicken for an MRI and Pig for surgery. :) Cut out the bureaucrats and health care is affordable again. It is interesting that Obama's plan to make health care more affordable is to add a lot more cost, now that just does not make since.

15) Death Penalty - Its a good thing and needs to used more often

5) Social Security - Wont be there when I turn 65

9) Environment - I like it but the weather is proving the environment wacko's wrong, see the past 100 years of newspapers (it was cold, it was hot, it was cold, it was hot, it was cold, it was hot, and each time the wacko's panicked.)

11) Abortion - Don't really care what others do, its none of the government business.

13) Gay Marriage - Don't really care so long as they don't make out on park benches or other public places. And that goes for everybody. Get a room, dang it!