female mugged hillsboro village

Feel free to PM me or likely anyone in the Nashville area about ranges and guns. Lots of guys have many guns to try out, and some have memberships at private ranges versus public ones. Anyway, nice to see a response and I wish you luck in protecting yourself!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad that you made it to the board. As fizik said, pretty much anyone here will be glad to point you in the right direction. As you can see in the thread there are at least 3 of us within a few miles of the village. This forum is a wonderful resource, and don't hesitate to ask questions. Welcome.

Guest canynracer

Welcome...to your new addiction...

Shoot LOTS of different guns and find the one that is best for YOU...I am sure Juglist has several you can try out, and you can alos attend a meet n shoot I know that several people would be more than willing to help you. Good luck!!

BTW, take a look at the Smith and Wesson 442/642 I have a feeling you will like them alot

Welcome to the forum and I'm so very happy that you came through that encounter ok!

Both myself and my wife are working here in Nashville and if you care to try out a few of our firearms, I'd be happy to let you. though, we only carry 4 pistols and 2 rifles when we're working on the road, not because we're paranoid, but because we like variety.

I can also teach you basic safety that's really easy to learn and practice on firearm safety.

I have heard many good things about Guns & Leather here in Nashville. I would suggest that you give them a call and arrange some time to go to a class.

Knowledge and situational awareness are two of the best weapons you have against this happening again. aside from those, a firearm in good condition concealed in such a way so as to ensure that it can be gotten to when you need it.

• 4 weeks later...
hey guys, where are the closest ranges?

Stones River on Hobson Pike. This is an outdoor range, so it may be a little too cold for you.

Gun City on Murfreesboro Rd. in Nashville.

Guns & Leather (Best range around, in my humble opinion) in Greenbrier.

On Target on Thompson Ln. in Murfreesboro.

Based on your location, those are what I can think of right off the top of my head. I know it's hardly the closest, but I'd really suggest making the drive out to Gun & Leather. They are a great bunch of guys who are more that willing to help a beginner. They also rent all types of handguns, so you can get a much better idea of what type is going to suit you best.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wordsworth

Isn't it true that most street beggars or drug addicts (on foot) do not usually possess a gun? I would think they would have sold that thing already to fund their next fix. Anyway, she says the guy had a gun (I assume she actually SAW the gun in his pocket) and threatened multiple times to shoot her.

I'm curious; let's say she WAS armed in this scenario, what would be your actions if this were you or what advice would you have given her to neatralize this threat and preserve her life? I would say in her case she was lucky he walked off maybe only to accost another innocent person. I know we as gun owners have to watch out not to be overcome with the spirit of vigilantyism and trigger-happiness, but would anyone try to light this guy up and end his threats to society right then, thereby further risking and/or inconveniencing your life?

I know many of you play these type of scenarios over and over in your heads.

Isn't it true that most street beggars or drug addicts (on foot) do not usually possess a gun? I would think they would have sold that thing already to fund their next fix. Anyway, she says the guy had a gun (I assume she actually SAW the gun in his pocket) and threatened multiple times to shoot her.

I'm curious; let's say she WAS armed in this scenario, what would be your actions if this were you or what advice would you have given her to neatralize this threat and preserve her life? I would say in her case she was lucky he walked off maybe only to accost another innocent person. I know we as gun owners have to watch out not to be overcome with the spirit of vigilantyism and trigger-happiness, but would anyone try to light this guy up and end his threats to society right then, thereby further risking and/or inconveniencing your life?

This would fall under a "furtive movement" shooting. The suspect claims they have a gun and are making physical actions that they posess a gun and/or make a motion as to draw a weapon.

A young female, at night, alone, a person comes up and demands money, then threatens to kill her. I'd say you'd probably make a good case for a justified shooting.

Give him what he was asking for and let him leave. Pulling a gun would be suicide.

If I could then get a gun in my hand, engage him and take his life, I would have no problems doing so as long as no innocent bystanders were around.