Getting My Dog Back

Do you or did you get the name of the place that rescued Colt Glow? Since they seem to be on the up and up and did right by you and your best friend I think it might be nice of us if we sent a small donation in Colts name, even if just a few bucks each to help afford food for the big horse and camel and other critters and let them know how much TGO members appreciate their efforts at what they do and how they treated you. If it's privately owned that would mean they get no grants or help other than donations. What do ya'll think. Glow do you think it's a good idea and are the people deserving of it? You were the one that met these folks. I would send a few bucks if you think they are deserving of it..................jmho

• Like 1

Do you or did you get the name of the place that rescued Colt Glow? Since they seem to be on the up and up and did right by you and your best friend I think it might be nice of us if we sent a small donation in Colts name, even if just a few bucks each to help afford food for the big horse and camel and other critters and let them know how much TGO members appreciate their efforts at what they do and how they treated you. If it's privately owned that would mean they get no grants or help other than donations. What do ya'll think. Glow do you think it's a good idea and are the people deserving of it? You were the one that met these folks. I would send a few bucks if you think they are deserving of it..................jmho

They really were nice and have a variety of critters. I would say they are deserving of any contributions. The name is "Miners Managerie" in Pulaski.

Glad you got your buddy back safe.  I remember hearing, reading about pets being stolen and held for ransom.  Quite a few stories if anyone cares to google   "Pets Stolen and Held for Ransom" I was afraid this might be the case here but thankfully  it was not.

• Like 1
I'd pay the fee, chip your dog, and watch the "finder" like a FNG hawk. I'd look at what else they have in their pet fleet. I'd even go as so far to secretly bring a chip reader to scan other pets. If the chip reader hits I'd do some serious homework..then wax his ass.

I'd pay the fee, chip your dog, and watch the "finder" like a FNG hawk. I'd look at what else they have in their pet fleet. I'd even go as so far to secretly bring a chip reader to scan other pets. If the chip reader hits I'd do some serious homework..then wax his ass.

Any rescue that doesn't scan for chips is not reputable.  That is a standard thing now, especially since these rescues normally deal with vet offices and know that the Humane Society will scan for free.  Chipping your dog leaves out all plausible deniability for someone who recovers a pet.  The first step one takes when recovering a pet is to search websites for "lost pet" ads.  Next step is to check with the Humane Society/Animal Control to see if any lost pets have been reported with the description of the dog you have.  If not, you register the founds pet with Animal Control, that way if someone contacts them with that description, Animal Control will contact you.  During the registration of the animal, the pet would be scanned.  If not, ask them to do it.  Very simply stuff here.  The reason why I am a strong believer in chipping your dog.  It's cheap, and there is a whole lot of peace of mind involved.