Let's see some C&R and Black Powders!

Guest gcrookston

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gcrookston
Nice collection. Do you know the history of the Bugs Bunny on the holster flap?

Yes, I do. A member of a B-26 squadron, a ground crewman, also the squadron's designated artist. He liberated that holster along with an ac43 P.38 in a poker game during the closing days of WWII at an airbase just outside of Paris.

I acquired this holster and the gun it contained from him in 1989. However, the gun was in very bad shape and I resold it.

The holster is for sale in the for sale section of this forum. The extra ac mag is about mint.

Note, this is a left-handed holster, probably of French cottage manufacture. Truly a one-of-a-kind and guaranteed pre-1945.

Edited by gcrookston
Guest gcrookston

Come on people! this section of the forum is dead. let's see some C&R and BP weapons!!! I'm moderating a @#$ right now. This is way less fun than getting banned over on AR15.com let's see some fine guns? ok?

Guest gcrookston
lol. i took a couple pics of my only c n r. a 42 mosin. i then couldnt find the cord to connect it to the computer and my wife claims she will find it or bring one frmo work where it probably is.

oh? C&Rs like you I depend on... woooo, am I lost:drama::censored::drama:

Guest gcrookston
Here are mine. Top to bottom.

Arisaka type 38 6.5 jap

Mosin Nagaunt 91/30 7.62x54r

Enfield No4 MK1

milsurp042.jpg

I think the 6.8 Jap is underrated. It was/is a helluva round

Guest gcrookston
gcrookston, in the next to last pic of yours, what's the large pistol with the magwell in fron of the trigger with "AAW" engraved on it? Nice guns, by the way. I'll get some pics of my C&R stuff up soon.

"August A. Weiss" last manager of Mauser's pistol Facility circa 1917-1945. A Model 96, "Broomhandle", this one is a model 1896/16, in 9mm parabellum (9mm Mauser). Liberated 1945 by a GI. Stock and rig sold to a fellow collector in Virginia. Gun sold to Franklin TN gunshop in 2007; stock was a model M1936 with a very unique harness. Probably a one of a kind.

dsc001035ll.jpg

Edited by gcrookston
Guest bkelm18
So what classifies a firearm as a C&R?

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2005/howtogetyourcurionrelicffl03/index.asp

What is a Curio or Relic, ala Title 27, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) part 178, section 178.11

Curios or Relics: Firearms which are of special interest to collectors by reason of some quality other than is associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of

the following categories:

(a) Firearms that were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof;

(;) Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and

© Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event. Proof of qualification of a particular firearm under this category may be established by evidence of present value and evidence that like firearms are not available except as collector's items, or that the value of like firearms available in ordinary commercial channels is substantially less.

It’s tough to pick out a favorite rifle, but I would have to say this is it.

1943 M1 Garand (Springfield Armory)

I love to shoot this rifle. It operates absolutely flawlessly and is a joy to shoot.

I stored the original stock away and that is a Walnut stock from Wenig Custom Gunstocks, Lincoln MO. The stock came unfinished and I fitted, sanded, stained it dark, and sprayed a gloss polyurethane finish over it.

I wanted a scope so I added the CMP Scout Scope Mount, Weaver rings, and a Simmons 2-6 X 32 Prohunter Hand Gun Scope. No permanent modifications had to be made to the rifle for this mount.

The sling is a Turner Saddlery “Carlos Hathcock Signature Edition National Match Service Rifle Slingâ€. Yeah, I know this rifle was before Carlos time, but I needed a sling and a few bucks went to his estate. :lol:

M1Garand2089.jpg

This is my 1944 M1 carbine (Inland…. I always have been a GM man.:lol:)

I haven’t shot this rifle much. I just got a supply of 30 carbine ammo, and completely stripped it down, cleaned everything, replaced all the springs, and hope to get to check it out soon.

M1Carbine2086.jpg

I'll add more later.

Nobody has thrown any BP revolvers out here yet so I will show mine. This pic has been posted before but they still look the same anyhow.

Top to bottom they are a 1851 Navy from ASM, a 1851 Round Barrel from Pietta, a 1873 SAA Cattleman from Uberti and a 1958 NMA Remmy from Pietta. All are in .44 caliber.

If anyone is interested the Round Barrel and Cattleman are for sale.

the_boys.JPG

Edited by Mike.357