Russian Ammo Ban

Guest Loki

From AR15.COM:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=776683

MILITARY SMALL-ARMS AMMUNITION

Our products are used by many law enforcement agencies and the armed forces. Advanced ammunition by the TCW which is used in anti-terrorist operations deserves special mentioning. The Tula military ammunition is exported to many countries via the state company “ROSOBORONEXPORT†(http://www.rusarm.ru) ONLY .

U.S. sanctions against Russian arms exporter meet objection

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...t_10252262.htm

www.chinaview.cn 2008-10-25 23:32:15

WASHINGTON, Oct. 25 (Xinhua) –– The United States has slapped financial sanctions on Russia's state arms exporter for its dealings with Iran, a move was described by Russia as something "without international legal foundation," the Washington Post reported Saturday.

Under the U.S. law, any assets of the entities or individuals being sanctioned will be frozen, and no Americans are allowed to do business with them.

The U.S. sanctions were designed to thwart the sales of sensitive technology that could help Iran, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) and Syria develop weapons of mass destruction or missile systems, the Washington Post said.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Friday denounced the U.S. sanctions on Russia's Rosodboronexport, and its subsidiaries, as illegal and unjust.

"These new sanctions were introduced without any international legal foundation whatsoever," Lavrov was quoted as reporting in Moscow.

Russia will not change its policies on Iran because of the sanctions, the Russian foreign minister stressed.

- - - - - - - - -

Russia criticizes U.S. sanctions against arms exporter

http://en.rian.ru/world/20081024/117941591.html

"...(snip)...The sanctions against Rosoboronexport are valid for two years, and bar any U.S. aid, contracts or arms sales to the blacklisted entities. The order was signed on October 16, and came into effect on Thursday. A Rosoboronexport representative on Friday called the sanctions a "manifestation of unethical competition."

"We view the imposition of sanctions with regard to the sole Russian facilitator of arms sales as a manifestation of unethical competition," Vyacheslav Davydenko told reporters.

AMMO DISTRIBUTED BY Rosodboronexport

Barnaul Manufactured Ammunition

.223 Hollow Point SILVER BEAR

.223 Soft Point SILVER BEAR

.30-06 Soft Point SILVER BEAR

.30-06 FMJ SILVER BEAR

7.62x39 FMJ SILVER BEAR

7.62x39 Hollow Point SILVER BEAR

7.62x39 Soft Point SILVER BEAR

7.62x54 Soft Point SILVER BEAR

7.62x54 FMJ SILVER BEAR

.308 Soft Point SILVER BEAR

.308 FMJ SILVER BEAR

5.45x39 FMJ SILVER BEAR

.223 Hollow Point BROWN BEAR

.223 Soft Point BROWN BEAR

7.62x39 Hollow Point BROWN BEAR

7.62x39 FMJ BROWN BEAR

7.62x39 Soft Point BROWN BEAR

7.62x54 FMJ BROWN BEAR

7.62x54Soft Point BROWN BEAR

.410 Shot SILVER BEAR

.223 Hollow Point GOLDEN BEAR

.223 Soft Point GOLDEN BEAR

7.62x39 FMJ GOLDEN BEAR

7.62x39 Hollow Point GOLDEN BEAR

7.62x39 Soft Point GOLDEN BEAR

Monarch blue box ammunition sold by Academy sporting goods stores.

Ulyanovsk Manufactured Ammunition

.223 Hollow Point SILVER BEAR

.223 Mil-Spec SILVER BEAR

7.62 Effect (nipple) SILVER BEAR

.40 S&W SILVER BEAR

. 40 S&W 180 gr. FMJ SILVER BEAR

. 40 S&W 180 gr HP SILVER BEAR

. 45 Hollow Point SILVER BEAR

. 45 FMJ SILVER BEAR

. 45 Mil-Spec SILVER BEAR

7.6239 Mil-Spec BROWN BEAR

WOLF "Mil-Spec" ammo

WOLF Military Classic.

Sapsan

Novosibirsk Manufactured Ammunition

9x19 FMJ SILVER BEAR

9x19 Hollow Point SILVER BEAR

9x19 115 gr. HP SILVER BEAR

9x17 FMJ SILVER BEAR

9x17 Hollow Point SILVER BEAR

9x18 FMJ SILVER BEAR

9x18 Hollow Point SILVER BEAR

9x19 FMJ BROWN BEAR

9x19 Hollow Point BROWN BEAR

9x19 115 gr. HP BROWN BEAR

9x17 FMJ BROWN BEAR

9x17 Hollow Point BROWN BEAR

9x18 FMJ BROWN BEAR

9x18 Hollow Point BROWN BEAR

Wolf 7.62 X 54R made by LVE

Tula Cartridge Works

Wolf black box

Vympel

Golden Tiger

Is this why Academy is clearing out the Monarch?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the article reads pretty clear to me, but there's a few Keyboard Commandos on AR15 telling everyone what the article REALLY says, since we can't read good.

Sounds to ME like they just banned all Russian ammo imports. Guess I can't read either.

Well, there's still no need to REALLY panic. There's still Romanian, Polish and South African 7.62, and other calibers.

And if all else fails... you can buy it at Wal Mart for $19 per 20!:lol:

he sanctions against Rosoboronexport are valid for two years, and bar any U.S. aid, contracts or arms sales to the blacklisted entities.

That makes it look like it means they can't buy ammo from us, not that we can't buy from them. I really don't know though.

"The United States has slapped financial sanctions on Russia's state arms exporter.... Rosodboronexport.....AMMO DISTRIBUTED BY Rosodboronexport..."

Barnaul Manufactured Ammunition

Ulyanovsk Manufactured Ammunition

Novosibirsk Manufactured Ammunition

Tula Cartridge Works

Vympel

The sanctions are only on the exporter, not the manufacturers.

The five manufacturers listed above will just get another exporter and it will business as usual.

This kind of stuff happens all the time it's really no big deal.

Guest Astra900

If all this is :D or not, it's only a matter of time until the soviet bear returns from it's hibernation. They have done this "lay down and play opossum" crap before. They've never stopped being our enemy. It's only a matter of time until they stop selling to us for that reason.

There has been talk of this happ. since russia invaded Georgia a little while back! I do hope like some said that it is a huge elaborate hoax, with fake press releases, on 2 more forums also found statements, that this is a hoax, but again no proof!

I keep up with the news and had not heard anything, this alledgedly happ. last friday, even if its a hoax, i would not be suprised of our govt. doing this as a first step towards some type of AW ban, this way they really could not get blamed,by the public as such!

It sort of reminds me of last yr. when the rumor got going by the SOB who owns Classic Arms, on his website as well as in all of his adv. of this and thereby justifying his price increases!

It took 5 month before the truth came out,this is one reason the sob doesnt get my bus.;)

Guest smittyb

Well, I first saw this info when someone copied from this thread and pasted it on another website. I did some research, and I came up with this http://www.moscowtimes.ru/article/600/42/371927.htm

I realy can't belive no one else could/would bother to find this, but according to Russia's own newspaper, the ban only effects US gov't agencies, not comercial sales. It also states a similar ban has been in effect since 2006, but had recently lapsed.

So, don't panic, you still have till Jan 20th till the Ammo Ban.

If all this is :D or not, it's only a matter of time until the soviet bear returns from it's hibernation. They have done this "lay down and play opossum" crap before. They've never stopped being our enemy. It's only a matter of time until they stop selling to us for that reason.

You were one of those that hid in a bunker through the cold war, arent you?:D

Guest Astra900
You were one of those that hid in a bunker through the cold war, arent you?:cry:

:D:bowrofl::D

I wasn't even a glimmer in my old man's eye during the "real" cold war. I can remember when Reagan got elected, I had a pop tart and a carton of milk for breakfast, and failed my spelling test that day.:(:biglol::foot:

Take this however you want to:

Talked to the guy behind the counter at Academy for a while tonight about the Monarch 7.62. He said there's PLENTY in the warehouse, but they can't get anymore right now, because Academy is honoring the embargo. I told him that it appeared to only be for US government agencies, not retailers. He said that's not what Academy says. He said Academy is looking for another manufacturere for their house brand (monarch) right now. Looks like Monarch will come from Romania in the future.

I was at Academy today at Rivergate Mall Nashville. They were putting out cases

upon cases of this ammo at 11:00 today. They were sitting on the main counter.

I ask the MGR behind the counter about this and he shrugged saying they have been getting shipments every couple of days. I picked up two more 500 round cases.

Guest superdrew4000

I'm getting a case of 7.62 this weekend. All I can squeeze out of the budget right now, but I hope to grab a few more before they're gone at the 2.99 price.