Some people just shouldn't be allowed to vote

I haven't posted in a while, but I just had to post this. This is not a joke.

I asked the 2 people in my office how many states there were. A pretty simple question right?

The first person answered 52 and the second person answered 51. Both of them also said that there were over 50 because Alaska is now a state. :eek:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very sad. :eek: There are too many people like this. I worked, several years ago, with a couple of folks that had just got out of high school. They believe that the Vietnam War started because Pearl Harbor was bombed. What do they teach in schools?

Guest Dean_JC78

Well Obama thinks there are 57+ and he might be POTUS.

I firmly believe that only citizens that are currently paying taxes or served in the military should be allowed to vote.

Well Obama thinks there are 57+ and he might be POTUS.

I firmly believe that only citizens that are currently paying taxes or served in the military should be allowed to vote.

Sadly this isnt even enough. I know a lot of stupid tax payers and soldiers.

Goes back to why the electorial college was created according to my 11th grade social studies teacher :D. "The average Joe is just too stupid to vote for something as important as the president."

It still makes me grin with the little Mexican Super Mercado on Donelson Pk that has the Obama signs up. 90% of em are illegal and cant vote anyways.

Guest looneeetunes

i was listening to wivk radio this evening on the way home. and someone had done an exit poll in florida. now this is no joke this was reported. i forget the percentages. obama was like 42% and mccain was like 47% or something. what caught my attention was 6% of the people who were asked didnt know who they voted for.:D

that is a example of ignorance gone to seed. why would you even go to vote? because someone told you you should? or obama's staff bought your vote for a burger king hamburger.

...I firmly believe that only citizens that are currently paying taxes or served in the military should be allowed to vote.

So, I pay taxes for 45 years, and then retire on an income where I don't pay taxes.

And I shouldn't be allowed to vote?

- OS

Guest Dean_JC78

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought people had to pay a tax on SS collections too? If not then obvious anybody that has retired after working would retain their right to vote even though it does leave a huge problem for allowing politicians to attempt to buy votes but this time it is your vote with your money.

Eventually after we phase out SS, it would not continue to be an issue. But how to phase it out is a whole other issue.

Guest Watauga
No,you dont pay tax on your SS.

You do however must pay tax before being eligible to receive SS benefits,or insurance through SS.

SS income is taxable! If your income is over around $25,000.

So you pay ax on it when it's withheld and when you received it.

Just so happens, John Stossel has an opinion piece very close to the subject of the OP. His take is that some voters should just voluntarily not vote. You can read it here:

http://townhall.com/columnists/JohnStossel/2008/10/29/a_duty_not_to_vote

I keep hearing how important it is for everyone to vote.

Let me be politically incorrect and say that maybe some people shouldn't vote.

I know I'm swimming against the tide. Get-out the-vote groups now register young people at rock concerts. HeadCount cofounder Andy Bernstein told me: "We registered over a 100,000 people. It is so imperative that this generation's voice is heard."

But wait. Is that really a good idea? Many kids don't know much. At a HeadCount concert, "20/20" asked some future voters, "How many senators are there?" One said 12, another 16, and another 64. One girl guessed, "50 per state."

SS income is taxable! If your income is over around $25,000.

So you pay ax on it when it's withheld and when you received it.

Well,I guess I learned something today!

But I'm still to big of a man to admit I was wrong,so I'm going to go with a compromise by saying we were both right!:up: