Cool Springs Crime Alert

daddyo

Just got an email at work from the Veep's office that there is a crime ring circulating in the Cool Springs area and that they are hitting places like Starbucks and Panera. They are taking anything left unattended like purses, wallets, laptops, and phones. Someone in one of his small groups was a victim last week. You might want to make a copy of all your cards just in case you end up being a target.

Tell your spouses and friends who frequent the Cool Spring area to be on the lookout.

It seems like Franklin's demographics are changing from what I've noticed...go to the Mapco at the corner of HWY 96 and I-65 between 7-8am every morning and you'll see what I mean lol

I go right by there on my way to work every morning. I know of what you speak....

• Like 1

I live in Franklin and am not worried one bit about it becoming like Hickory Hollow.  This to me is nothing more than a statistical absolute.  The larger a city gets, the more crime it has.  Nowhere is immune to crime and I am sure in some ways, people here are an easy target because it is a nicer area, meaning that they are too oblivious to the real world around them.  When violent crime starts spiking, I will worry about it. 

• Like 2

I live in Franklin and am not worried one bit about it becoming like Hickory Hollow.  This to me is nothing more than a statistical absolute.  The larger a city gets, the more crime it has.  Nowhere is immune to crime and I am sure in some ways, people here are an easy target because it is a nicer area, meaning that they are too oblivious to the real world around them.  When violent crime starts spiking, I will worry about it. 

The last 2 break in's that I have heard of were because people left cars unlocked over night in driveways...how can someone be that oblivious...? I remember that the last one was a neighborhood off of Arno Road but I cant remember the name of it. I think they hit like 15-20 cars but no forced entry because they were all unlocked...very stupid.

Edited by tennesseetiger
  • Like 1

Comparing CS to HH is probably a little alarmist on my part. But I've lived in the same house in Williamson County for almost 30 years and I've seen a LOT of things change. Hozzie is right - with more people comes more crime. We've had one or two families hit out where I live during that time, but not anything to be really alarmed about if you just use common sense and keep your house locked even when you are home and lock your cars if they aren't in a garage, like ours. I set up a tent once out in the yard to let it air out overnight several years ago, and some stupid kid came through during the night and thought it'd be funny to set it on fire. It was flame retardant, but I had to throw it out. Little jerk. I hope he at least burned his eyebrows off.  :rant:

Edited by daddyo