Finally bought new lights for my utility trailer

rugerla1

Congrats on the lights. Was starting to believe working lights on a trailer was against the law in Tennessee..

Nice looking litte trailer. Everytime I get a small one I love it. Eventually I get rid of it to make room or something then I go through withdrawal until I get another one.

You might consider some of that roll on bedliner stuff. It makes things a bit harder to slide in but it sure is nice if you have to climb up on the trailer when it is wet. Ask me how I know...
  • Like 1

I have a 5x10 tilt, and the "A" frame tongue is bent where I jack-knifed it backing up (forgot it was there... can't see it in my truck... lucky didn't hit anything else :nervous: ). Now I just have to figure out how to straighten it or find someone who can

Do you have room to put a small hydraulic bottle jack in there? Brace it against the other side and start pumping. Not that I've ever had to do that or anything...
  • Like 2

Do you have room to put a small hydraulic bottle jack in there? Brace it against the other side and start pumping. Not that I've ever had to do that or anything...

It actually raised one side higher than the other. The "A" shape is intact if you were to look straight down, just looks like someone grabbed it and twisted.

Bottle jack is a good idea though. I might be able to brace it and use that somehow.

I have a 5x10 tilt, and the "A" frame tongue is bent where I jack-knifed it backing up (forgot it was there... can't see it in my truck... lucky didn't hit anything else :nervous: ). Now I just have to figure out how to straighten it or find someone who can

Luckily my trailer tongue is long enough that it clears all the way to the jack if I'm cornering. My bumper is high enough and the drop hitch drops the tongue below it farther. It makes it harder for me to do what you did....which would make me sick by the way. As stout as that tongue is, it would probably do more to my truck than the tongue! 

Congrats on the lights. Was starting to believe working lights on a trailer was against the law in Tennessee..

Nice looking litte trailer. Everytime I get a small one I love it. Eventually I get rid of it to make room or something then I go through withdrawal until I get another one.

You might consider some of that roll on bedliner stuff. It makes things a bit harder to slide in but it sure is nice if you have to climb up on the trailer when it is wet. Ask me how I know...

Thank you Mark. I think it may be! I'm even glad they work for daytime use now.

Had a friend have that happen did ya?  :rofl:

• Like 1

Luckily my trailer tongue is long enough that it clears all the way to the jack if I'm cornering. My bumper is high enough and the drop hitch drops the tongue below it farther. It makes it harder for me to do what you did....which would make me sick by the way. As stout as that tongue is, it would probably do more to my truck than the tongue!

It actually did more cosmetic damage to my truck than the tongue. Luckily it was my old huntin' truck, so it just added character :) Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 1

Had a friend have that happen did ya?  :rofl:

While not admitting to anything lets just say experience can be instructive.

After a while, "my friend" realized that there must be a better way. Enter goosenecks and 5th wheels. Who knew it was so expensive to repair the back of truck cabs.

Along those lines it took me a few years to realize that i get stuck about the same amount in my 2 wheel drive truck as I did my jeep. The money saving part came in "where" the vehicle gets stuck.

My favorite Dave Ramsey phrase:

How do you get good judgement?

Experience

How do you get experience?

Bad judgement...
  • Like 2

While not admitting to anything lets just say experience can be instructive.

After a while, "my friend" realized that there must be a better way. Enter goosenecks and 5th wheels. Who knew it was so expensive to repair the back of truck cabs.

Along those lines it took me a few years to realize that i get stuck about the same amount in my 2 wheel drive truck as I did my jeep. The money saving part came in "where" the vehicle gets stuck.

My favorite Dave Ramsey phrase:

How do you get good judgement?

Experience

How do you get experience?

Bad judgement...

Ain't that the truth. And I have a lot of "friends" that have went through all of these steps multiple times!

I'd love to have a gooseneck trailer but I don't go to mud bogs or trail rides like I did for the last 10 years. It wouldn't get used enough to justify it.