Police and Fire scanners?

DaveTN

Guest sargekw

tartanphantom… if you go to www.radioreference.com, click on the 'data' tab, it should show you a map of the U.S., just click on TN, then it should show the state map with all the counties on it.  When you click on Rutherford County, you should be able to see all the PD, FD, and SO frequencies.  That is the site I used to put all the local frequencies into my new scanner.

I could see why people would wan't to hear the radios just like watching tv I guess it's entertaining. Me personally I turn my radio off as soon as I pull into my driveway and don't want to hear a single beep, tone, or word out of the radio until my next work day as I pull out of my driveway.

We use a digital trunked system and isn't bad but it takes a little while to get all the kinks out of it. I also have a secondary radio in my vehicle that is UHF to communicate to surrounding areas are still using that system. I pretty much have every agency in Middle TN in my radios and typically only use them to talk to three or four difference agencies. Do you guys listening to the digital trunked channels only get portions of the conversations on your scanner or app?

I get them all.

tartanphantom… if you go to www.radioreference.com, click on the 'data' tab, it should show you a map of the U.S., just click on TN, then it should show the state map with all the counties on it.  When you click on Rutherford County, you should be able to see all the PD, FD, and SO frequencies.  That is the site I used to put all the local frequencies into my new scanner.

Thanks... the links I posted are for a virtual online scanner... no hardware required. However, Municipalities have to agree to allow their broadcasts.

• Like 1

Uniden 436HP (Handheld) or 536HP (Base) will monitor anything that can be monitored in Tennessee.  If you want to monitor Tennessee Advanced Communications Network get either of these scanners.  It's super easy to use, just plunk in the zip code where you are and choose what types of agencies you want to monitor.    I can listen to THP in the Chattanooga district almost all the way into Nashville when I have to go to the Nashville datacenter. 

• Like 1

Uniden 436HP (Handheld) or 536HP (Base) will monitor anything that can be monitored in Tennessee.  If you want to monitor Tennessee Advanced Communications Network get either of these scanners.  It's super easy to use, just plunk in the zip code where you are and choose what types of agencies you want to monitor.    I can listen to THP in the Chattanooga district almost all the way into Nashville when I have to go to the Nashville datacenter. 

Pricey at $450 range, but if it sets by zipcode & does proper trunking then I can see why.