Lightning OTF

It's a Taiwan made OTF but was $42 shipped. I am thoroughly impressed by it and for the price if it breaks I definitely won't be sad but the thing is from everything I've read about these they're supposed to be outstanding bang for buck.
a10721255ec96cd8eef94fe8b4fb2c29.jpg

9e58bff6b9450dba20e408f6c1c7794b.jpg

Sent from the future using a flux capacitor.

My daughter's fiancee has one, the action and lockup are as good as any $100 OTF I've every handled. I offered to sharpen it for him to see how good the blade was, but he wanted to do it himself. Anyone with one know how well it takes/holds an edge?

My daughter's fiancee has one, the action and lockup are as good as any $100 OTF I've every handled. I offered to sharpen it for him to see how good the blade was, but he wanted to do it himself. Anyone with one know how well it takes/holds an edge?

It's supposed take one very well from all the reviews I've seen on it. As for holding said edge, dunno. I will soon enough though. :)

• Like 1
I think I may get one just to play with, if for no other reason. They are a lot of fun, after all. Plus, most OTFs within $100 of this one are single action, like those Schrades that pop up near the Lightning when you sort OTFs by price. The nearest double action OTF I see that gets good reviews is out of my price range. Edited by BigK

I think I may get one just to play with, if for no other reason. They are a lot of fun, after all. Plus, most OTFs within $100 of this one are single action, like those Schrades that pop up near the Lightning when you sort OTFs by price. The nearest double action OTF I see that gets good reviews is out of my price range.

ECACTLY why I bought this one amigo.

Sent from the future using a flux capacitor.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I had one and got it to were it would shave. Good knife for the price.

Edited by 042399tank

These inexpensive knives have another good purpose.  After seeing the prices on them she doesn't realize how much I've spent on the ones in the safe.  She sees no difference in a Lightening and a Microtech. :rofl:

• Like 2