New(to me) dove slayer

After much looking and tire kicking at the over priced usual haunts for used quality firearms I made a gunbroker purchase. I had a 50's model Belgium made Browning A5 for many years it was torn and tattered but served me well. Let it go in a moment of weakness and one of my other shotguns has been doing double duty for the last couple of years. I wasn't happy with that but managed.
Found myself a 72 model in great shape at what I would consider a steal. I am looking forward to September 1.
On a similar note I hear that the Montgomery county shooting complex has a nice range and offers sporting clays for even someone like myself who is normally a hunter not a "shooter". It is only 12 miles from my house I've passed it many times, anyone have any shotgunning experience there? I'd like to run my new toy thru the paces a bit. I did shoot a few in my back yard just to check operation since I bought a used sight unseen gun. de1904a58cb82ec465448454ffd644e6.jpg

• Like 1
I did go Sunday and check out the trap range at Montgomery county complex. Very very nice facilities all the way around. I will however refer to the trap range as the "field of disappointment". Man i need practice.

I did go Sunday and check out the trap range at Montgomery county complex. Very very nice facilities all the way around. I will however refer to the trap range as the "field of disappointment". Man i need practice.

Don't beat yourself up over a bad day on the clay range with a new to you shotgun. It happens to the best of shotty shooters with new guns and birds moving at 90 feet a second for first 4 seconds out of the trap house. Practice will make things all better............ :up: :up: Nice Gun for sure and it will come to you with a little practice............ :usa:

I would say I'm a hunter not a shooter. My trip was for fun and to make sure my new acquisition performed as it should. It performed fine, me on the other hand.....lol I did bust a few but I was certainly not happy with my performance. I had a blast though at a fine place to go shooting. In my best Arnold voice "I'll be back"
  • 7 months later...

Hey it's not just you. They have terrible birds there. You're lucky if they are even set for the correct angles. It is a nice facility but the trap fields need to be set by someone who knows what ATA legal birds are.