Looks like more of the same for .22LR, time to get a pellet rifle

You have more going for you with that airgun, than I ever thought about!

I would just go to 10 pumps and let `er rip! :)

I got tired of pumping all of the time and would usually hold around 4 or 5 pumps.  Only time I would go to 10 was if I was shooting at a far away target or going hunting.  Of course this ability came with the firing of tens of thousands of BBs. 

LOL!

Dawg!

I had all kinds of fun in my younger days with a Daisy Powerline multi-pump rifle. I could hit anything with it and the 4X Tasco scope that I bought from K Mart.

The newer one that I bought a few years ago, was.......lets just say that......the accuracy that I expected from the rifle was, not what I knew from my older one. Was disappointed.

I lost the front sight of my old rifle in tall grass one day :wall: . The rifle went into the trash maybe a week later.

I don't remember what brand my BB gun was, but it was a spring driven piston that was cocked by pulling the barrel straight backwards

I don't remember what brand my BB gun was, but it was a spring driven piston that was cocked by pulling the barrel straight backwards

I had one of them when I was a kid.  Now a days I am sure swat would be breaking down the door if you gave a kid on of those now a days.

Thanks

Robert

I would not mind having a pellet gun for "just in case"  but the snap/phht of shooting a air gun is not going to satisfy me like the crack of a .22.

The smell and sound cannot be replicated.

As for over priced .22's.  even at ten or eleven cents a round I can't shoot anything else that cheaply.   You roll your own guys,  I don't care if you can do some centerfire cheaper.  I don't have the time or interest to reload.

• Like 2

I would not mind having a pellet gun for "just in case"  but the snap/phht of shooting a air gun is not going to satisfy me like the crack of a .22.

The smell and sound cannot be replicated.

As for over priced .22's.  even at ten or eleven cents a round I can't shoot anything else that cheaply.  

Is there an echo in here? :pleased:  

You roll your own guys,  I don't care if you can do some centerfire cheaper.  I don't have the time or interest to reload.

I dabble in reloading - so far only .38 Special although I have the materials and equipment to eventually do some .357 Magnum and .44 Special/Magnum.  I will likely stick with those and not branch out much further, at least for now.  Using my previously fired brass, I can load up a box of 50 range rounds in .38 Special for about half the price of buying a box of new, factory range ammo, maybe a little less - which is still a few dollars more per box than ten-cent-per-round .22LR.  I could probably save more if I really got into it and started casting my own bullets, etc. but there is a point past which my time and effort are worth more to me than saving a few more cents per round.  Even at $5 per 50 - which, I must admit, sticks in my craw after being used to super cheap .22 ammo prices - it's a lot of plinking fun for comparatively little money.  Heck, the sandwiches on the 'cheap' menu at Subway are $5 for a footlong and those things are mostly average-at-best bread and whatever (cheap for the chain to buy) toppings you put on them.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1