Walther P22 P.O.S. Has anyone been able to fix one of these?

And the world is a really screwed up place when GSG is the reason for a nice gun.

I would have gladly paid $1,000+ for a steel receiver MP5 clone in 22lr but instead they use plastics and pot metal.

This is an awesome comment. It will make many minds reel with curiosity. lol But it is accurate.

Heck, I would get a Jennings/Jimenez J22 before I would get a Mosquito or P22.  I know I would get a Phoenix Arms pot metal .22 before the Sig or the Walther. At least Jimenez and Phoenix make no bones about pot metal, it is what it is and is priced right in these two cases.

http://jimenezarmsinc.com/22lr.htm 

Wow, never owned a Mosquito or P22 but if the Jennings is better I want nothing to do with them.  My Jennings never leaves the safe and has had less than 50 rounds through it in the last 25 years or so.  It has always been fed CCIs and still has issues feeding and extracting rounds.

6674ad57d098cfcfd405f37656237a8a.jpga5b360f417aec6cfcf162e0a61bb85e0.jpg

Slide on my mosquito broke.
Sig fixed it. Only had to pay shipping. It was a good gun for several 1000 rounds before it broke. My p22 is a good malfunction trainer lol.

What was the cause ? Flaw in the casting ?

I wouldnt expext that to be a ware point.

Sig told me they suggest replacing the recoil spring every 500-700 rounds lol.
It's just a cheap pot metal slide, they all break there eventually.

Every 500-700 Rounds. Heck that's one range session for a lot of guys.