Fiocchi Ammo in 380 FMJ

I have been meaning to make a post about Fiocchi ammo. I purchased 1000 rounds of it back several years ago because folks told me it was great ammo. A buddy of mine got 200 rounds off me. We went to the range about two weeks ago to burn some powder so I took 200 round of Fiocchi 380 FMJ and he brought a 100 to shoot in his 380's. In the first 15 round mag I had two Fail to fire. Check the round and the primer was struck hard and it they just failed to go bang. Of the 200 round from 3 different 380's, Mod 85 Bersa, Bersa Thunder and my Llama I had a total of 33 FTF rounds and the primers were hit hard each time. Out of the 100 B.T fired from his 2 380's he had 9 FTF's When I cam home I disassembled all my guns and cleaned them and reloaded all of them with PMC FMJ. The Fiocchi rounds that did fire did fire well and had a little more punch than other brands I have shot but with that many FTF's I will not be depending on them for protection. 1 FTF at the wrong time can be catastrophic . I will use what I have left for range time but not self defense.......................jmho

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. That's unusual, at least in my experience. I've used Fiocchi in my LCR since I got it and never had that problem.

But not to say that can't happen. Just from the sheer volume of rounds produced, sooner or later all will have problems.

But I will watch mine carefully. Thanks for the update.

It is stored in gun safe in a climate controlled area and my friends was stored very much same way. I bought the ammo while it was on sale about at Ammo To Go about 6 years ago. I keep all my ammo in the same safe and to date have not had any issues with my Blazer or PMC ammo and even have some old Russian ammo that goes bang every time I pull the trigger but when I shoot it my guns all require cleaning soon as I walk in the door because it is a very dirty ammo. So I don't have any answers except I just don't feel safe depending on it for self defense any longer.

By all means, if you don't feel it's reliable...change it. Too important a decision not to be at ease with your ammo choices.

I did change it to my PMC for now. I have never had a FTF with it as of yet. I also like CCI Blazer which I have several boxes of that I have never had a FTF with. Fiocchi will now be my range ammo only................. :up: