I upgraded my pocket gun

mac12

I've been carrying a little 25 semiauto as my pocket gun. I know, it is small, but it is a little better than a knife. Now I have a S&W 442, which is a 38 spl. +P. It is seen in the pictures with a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. Now I have got to get to the range and see how bad the recoil is with the +P ammo. :D:eek:

DSCN0994.JPG

DSCN0999.JPG

DSCN0997.JPG

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eyebedam

Thats really nice. I just got a 642 myself. I have the same pocket holster. LMK how you like it after a few days. Im still a little unsure about mine. The 642 seems a little big in my pocket. Maybe I just need bigger pockets. Congrats on a great gun & have fun shooting it.

Guest Bronker

Mac, I have carried that exact setup as either a primary EDC or as a backup for over 10 years. Same gun, same holster.

I have large hands...translating into an awkward grip, but even at that I can manage grip / recoil with no problem.

For perspectives sake, when my wife took her HCP, she had never fired a weapon. She put 170 rds through my 442 in a four hour period, and wanted to do more! My wife now carries a Kel-Tec P3AT...that thing will make the front of my trigger finger bleed after about 20 rds!

This I will guarantee...you will love this gun, and this holster.

Eyebedam...you will need big pockets! I have trouble with jeans. But in dress slacks, it is easy to carry. Another option is the Galco Stow-n-Go. As you know, I'm a big boy, so the pockets are naturally 'roomier' on me!!

Edited by Bronker
Eyebedam in the house!!!

Must be an epidemic. I too just purchased a 642 last week. HAve not shot it yet. Shot one a couple of months ago, with regular ammo. Had quite a kick. Saw a thread that recommended gripping higher on the gun would help with recoil and control. Plan to try it this weekend.

I had a tough time deciding between the 642 and the 442. For those of you that don't know, the only difference between the two is the finish. The 442 is matte black and the 642 is a natural stainless and aluminum finish(I think). I felt like the 442 would be a little more concealable and I just like the black finish a bit better. I suppose everyone knows about the S&W rebate still available until the end of the year. It's $30 back on the j frames.

what did the black version set ya back?

the 642 is in the upper $400's at sportsman's warehouse here in Chatt. or go to GT distributors (law enforcement store) and get in for 369.00 (and a $30 rebate from S&W untill dec 31)and they actually keep it in stock. (unlike sportsmans)

I have a 638 bodyguard with that same pocket holster...its an awesome one...specially for how cheap it is. You will love that setup. The +P isnt really bad at all. Its not as much fun as shooting 9mm, but its not gonna hurt you...maybe just slight discomfort lol. I like the Speer Lawman for practice its 158gr +P and the Speer Gold Short Barrel +P for actual self defense. The gold dot is extremely accurate.

Now I have got to get to the range and see how bad the recoil is with the +P ammo. :D:eek:

Experience has shown that it is BAAAAD. I carry a thin leather glove to wear if I'm going to do a lot of shooting with it.

Also, all you ladies and gents thinking about a lightweight snubbie, don't forget about the Taurus Ultralites. A fine gun for about $100 less.