Walther CCP

Recently got the itch to pick up a smaller 9mm...after holding a bunch of guns including the smaller versions of my M&P I fell in love with the look and feel of this one and picked it up last Friday. Took it to my buddies land this past weekend and put about 100 rounds through it with zero issues. Love the accuracy and fixed barrel...I like the trigger quite a bit but its got a long reset "I'm used to 1911's" but over all very happy with it.

20150713_161235_zps4dvegcyz.jpg

• Like 1

Let me know your thoughts after dis-assembly & cleaning a few times... rumors are that this pistol makes a Ruger Mark III look like a walk in the park in terms of cleaning and re-assembly, but these rumors could be exaggerated. I handled one at the NRA convention, but obviously couldn't field-strip it there.

My wife wants one, but they are not that easy to find, and it ain't exactly in the budget right now. Maybe for her birthday...

Edited by tartanphantom

Let me know your thoughts after dis-assembly & cleaning a few times... rumors are that this pistol makes a Ruger Mark III look like a walk in the park in terms of cleaning and re-assembly, but these rumors could be exaggerated. I handled one at the NRA convention, but obviously couldn't field-strip it there.

My wife wants one, but they are not that easy to find, and it ain't exactly in the budget right now. Maybe for her birthday...

I broke it down Sunday afternoon and cleaned it and the take down was pretty easy to do...took a minute to figure out how to use the tool but now that I know how the take down works I could probably use any pointed object to take the gun apart if I needed to. This is the first hand gun I've ever owned that requires a tool to take it down and that was the only negative I could find when I made my decision to buy this particular gun but the accuracy, look, feel, and recoil more than make up for that one negative in my opinion.

Racking the slide is very easy by the way so I could see that being a huge positive for a female shooter. Its a small 9mm but because of hows its made its very easy to manipulate.

Had a chance to fondle one at the NRA convention. The big sales pitch was the soft recoil and ease in cycling the slide. So it was more appealing to the ladies. What's your take on that?

Here in Tennessee, it's an HCP. You can carry open or concealed.

:devil:    :hiding:

Seriously though, good find. I have a P-22 and have liked the ergonomics of most Walther handguns. That one looks to be no different.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1

Here in Tennessee, it's an HCP. You can carry open or concealed.

:devil:    :hiding:

Seriously though, good find. I have a P-22 and have liked the ergonomics of most Walther handguns. That one looks to be no different.

CCP is the model of the firearm. Not in reference to the permit.

Had a chance to fondle one at the NRA convention. The big sales pitch was the soft recoil and ease in cycling the slide. So it was more appealing to the ladies. What's your take on that?

Considering I am used to shooting 45's the recoil is almost non-existent lol All joking aside, I own other 9mm's and this one hands down has less recoil.

Would definitely recommend this gun for a female. My wife can rack the slide pretty easily and she has issues with other smaller guns so that says a lot.

Have you had any firing time with a PPQ? I'm pretty impressed with the trigger on it.

It may be a bit harder to rack the slide on than the CCP, but I found that the almost trapezoidal shape of the slide was harder to get used to than the strength required to pull it.

For a while, on the PPQ anyway, it required a little conscious effort to grasp the slide harder, but have adjusted nicely to it.

In any event, welcome to the Walther club, I think you'll like them.

It, the PPQ, and the Canik TP9sa, are really putting my G19 on the back burner for range time.

But...you consider the CCP a smaller 9mm? What were you using before?

Have you had any firing time with a PPQ? I'm pretty impressed with the trigger on it.

It may be a bit harder to rack the slide on than the CCP, but I found that the almost trapezoidal shape of the slide was harder to get used to than the strength required to pull it.

For a while, on the PPQ anyway, it required a little conscious effort to grasp the slide harder, but have adjusted nicely to it.

In any event, welcome to the Walther club, I think you'll like them.

It, the PPQ, and the Canik TP9sa, are really putting my G19 on the back burner for range time.

But...you consider the CCP a smaller 9mm? What were you using before?

The ppq is amazing. I love the trigger on the ppq. I have a full size M&P, Browning Hi-power, and some 1911's so to me this gun is small. It's not as small as a shield obviously, but it's still pretty small compared to my full size guns.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk