Hiring movers?

reed1285

To me, using movers is well worth the cost to me when measured against the time and hassle of doing it myself. I'll skimp on range ammo and dining out if saving money for a move requires it.

Amen! I have been on both sides enough times to know that I never want to move myself again if I can help it. When the movers can have me out of my old home and into my new home in the matter of hours, it's a no-brainer for me. As long as I can afford it, I'll pay more for a much less stressful option.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

one thing to note, is that with Good Guys, they only cover damages up to $300. Meaning that if they break something valuable of mine, i.e. TV, I would be up a creek. However they offer additional insurance that can be bought (I'm assuming from a third party) for around 55 bucks for $5000 worth of coverage. What are your guys' thoughts on this? Is this normal in the world of moving companies?

one thing to note, is that with Good Guys, they only cover damages up to $300. Meaning that if they break something valuable of mine, i.e. TV, I would be up a creek. However they offer additional insurance that can be bought (I'm assuming from a third party) for around 55 bucks for $5000 worth of coverage. What are your guys' thoughts on this? Is this normal in the world of moving companies?

I'm pretty sure that's standard practice.  check with your homeowners insurance and see if they have any coverage or additional you can buy.  I would get coverage of some kind, but just make sure the policy is worth buying.

• Like 1

Yes, standard practice. When I was in the moving business, moving companies were required to insure your items, but the minimum requirement was 10 cents and 60 cents per pound. I'm not sure if those minimum requirements have changed since then. Most reputable companies will offer additional coverage, at an additional charge. 

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 1