LOL, Can't wait to hear more about this....

NuTcAsE

Palin pardons turkey while others slaughtered

From Associated Press

November 21, 2008 9:31 AM EST

WASILLA, Alaska - Gov. Sarah Palin has granted the traditional Thanksgiving pardon to one lucky turkey, but the video that shocked some viewers captured what was happening in the background.

As she answered questions Thursday at Triple D Farm & Hatchery outside Wasilla, cameras from the Anchorage Daily News and others showed the bloody work of an employee slaughtering birds behind the former Republican vice presidential candidate.

On the video, Palin didn't comment about the slaughter as she answered questions, saying she's thankful that her son Stryker's brigade is relatively safe in Iraq and the rest of her family is healthy and happy. She said she's glad to be back in Alaska.

"This was neat," she said of the outing. "I was happy to get to be invited to participate in this. For one, you need a little bit of levity in this job, especially with so much that has gone in the last couple of months that has been so political obviously that it's nice to get out and do something to promote a local business and to just participate in something that isn't so heavy-handed politics that it invites criticism. Certainly we'll probably invite criticism for even doing this, too, but at least this was fun."

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geesh, why do they keep blurring and unblurring the bird??

I didn't have anything like that contraption growing up. We raised chickens for food. We used an old log with 2 nails in it to hold the head. Grabbed the wings and feet, then loped off the head with a hatchet.

What's the deal with the media crucifying this woman after the election?

Hell, she's the reason McCain got so many votes in the first place.

I voted FOR HER.

She's getting more heat than before and during the election....and from both sides.

If you asked me, the guy conducting the interview is to blame.

It's always the newscaster or cameraman who choose the area and background to interview from.:D

Edited by The Average Joe

Just watched the unedited video on youtube. you don't see anything that needs to be blurred. He isn't chopping off heads he's just bleeding them.

Ridiculous that it was even brought up.

The guy is just doing his job. TV station messed up by not asking him to stop fora few minutes till they could finish.

Even so... It happens. No sense in censoring it. If you can't handle where your food comes from don't eat it.

Edited by Mike

i kept waiting for the turkey slaughterer to whip his manhood out and wiggle it at the camera.

I think though this does show that she is not polished enough to be president.

Does anyone think for a moment that GW would have allowed that camera angle to be used?

No doubt the camera angle was deliberate.

i kept waiting for the turkey slaughterer to whip his manhood out and wiggle it at the camera.

I think though this does show that she is not polished enough to be president.

Does anyone think for a moment that GW would have allowed that camera angle to be used?

No doubt the camera angle was deliberate.

Come to think about it, she may be sending a message to the democrats. "Keep screwin with me and I'm gonna turn JimmyJoeBob back here loose with the Turkulator 5000...."

Nah, she may need a little finger nail polish that's all.

caption at the bottom says turkeys "sacrificed"..........i didn't see any crosses or altars, just something that would go nice in the deep fryer

Yeah, the captions scrolling bye where just laughable. It was like she was being interviewed in front of a Nazi execution squad.:rolleyes:

Geesh, why do they keep blurring and unblurring the bird??

I didn't have anything like that contraption growing up. We raised chickens for food. We used an old log with 2 nails in it to hold the head. Grabbed the wings and feet, then loped off the head with a hatchet.

I know JUST what you mean...it's the same with me. except I was the only one that got the job of doing the killing. *sigh*

I'm right there with you guys. these people have been grain fed for so long that they've forgotten simple things.

they want a world that is sanitized and simple...

its' just not that way though. better they know that...or re learn it..because so many folks who don't have their high toned morals actually DO know it..and they don't like us at all.

and there's nothing we can do to change their minds about that hate.

Guest 70below

Eh, a couple years of Obamatics and people will be beggin her to run for president. I don't think this shows "lack of polish" for president, I see this as being herself and not worring about being PC. Yeah she's not an experienced politician....thats what I like....its not like the president isn't going to be surrounded with experienced advisors filling them in.....let someone that remembers what its like to love their country and their neighbors make the calls, not someone who is worried about their political future.

Guest bkelm18

It's like that show Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel. There's a whole world out there of unsavory, disgusting, vile jobs out there that some people are willing to do so that others may live comfortably in ignorant bliss. When its out of sight, its out of mind. But when its brought to their attention, there's anger/horror/disgust.

Guest RISC777

Dang it! I had a mouth full of coffee, Mike, when I read that!! I had to clean the keyboard, the screen... ROFL

Too bad they weren't filming cows. Or pigs. Cleaning fish at a fish market, fresh or salt water. Or cooking lobster (best way is to introduce them to the boiling water while they're still alive ... mmm mm).

I am a member of PETA - People who Eat Tasty Animals.

Guest GUTTERbOY

This event has helped trigger one of the funniest things I've read online in a long time. See, this event came up in a discussion on another board.

It's important to know that the guy who first brings up the issue is openly gay.

Gay dude: "I don't think I can eat turkey after watching Sarah Republican giving her speech in front of the turkey-murdering farm yesterday."

Other guy: "Would you pick and kill a head of lettuce, just to eat it? I can hear it screaming now! Better stick to fruits and nuts."

Other other guy: "Pretty sure he already does... "

:clap:

i remember when we were kids, one of our neighbors used to buy live chickens and slaughter them himself rather than the store bought variety.

We talked him into cutting off the head and letting it go one time. What a hoot.

6 or so ten year old boys chasing a chicken with its head cut off.

Great memories are what it's all about, not the Hokey Pokey.