Vodka For Assad, Bombs for the CIA

I don't think that a Russia/US engagement will kick off anything, but I do worry about any incident between Russia and another NATO country escalating quickly.  Case in point, Russian jets acting in Syria appear to have "accidentally" strayed into Turkish airspace, and the Turks are hardly the kind of people to turn the other cheek to those kinds of insults. 

Theoretically, we're a mistake away from wondering if Article V of NATO is worth going to war over.

Hoepfully this can be soothed over...but given how thick skulled the Turks can be, and how intransagent Putin is, I doubt it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/24/us-mideast-crisis-syria-turkey-idUSKBN0TD0IR20151124

Hell, I wish they would print a program and distribute it among us stupid people like myself so I can figure out just who is fighting who on any given day and list the names of all the different factions that are fighting this damn war over there.............Now we have Turkish/Syrians involved??? Just who the hell are they? Have not heard of them till today.

I really don't believe it was justified in the shooting of Russian Pilots while on parachutes floating helplessly to the ground. That was totally uncalled for and just another example of barbarism of those people.......jmho

Hell, I wish they would print a program and distribute it among us stupid people like myself so I can figure out just who is fighting who on any given day and list the names of all the different factions that are fighting this damn war over there.............Now we have Turkish/Syrians involved??? Just who the hell are they? Have not heard of them till today.

I really don't believe it was justified in the shooting of Russian Pilots while on parachutes floating helplessly to the ground. That was totally uncalled for and just another example of barbarism of those people.......jmho

The Huffington Post had a really intensive flow chart spelling out this FUBAR geopolitical quaqmire - however it still needs further updates lol.

The Kurds are Peshmerga, YPJ and PPK - we just now started supporting them with air support, intel and SOF/Tier One elements.

However some of the other Kurds are deemed terrorists.

So we got the US, NATO, Gulf Ally states, Russia, pro Assad, anti Assad, ISIS, warlords, good Kurds, bad Kurds, in between Kurds, Chechens, Shia Militias, Hezbollah, Jordanians, AQAP and all sorts of other non state actors there now fighting over sand

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

And now this: Taliban ambushed a contractor helo and kill 3 and kidnap the rest

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/2015/11/24/afghan-taliban-ambush-helicopter-after-emergency-landing/76318516/

Everyone is trying to one up each other it seems

I'm honestly surprised those contractor birds haven't been shot down with some frequency.

When I was in RC-East, I had to fly a lot and I remember looking out at the mountains as we flew through the passes in a slow and lumbering way that if the Taliban had any idea how to camouflage a few teams with RPK's that they could down one filled with US troops and contractors quite easily. 

I'm honestly surprised those contractor birds haven't been shot down with some frequency.

When I was in RC-East, I had to fly a lot and I remember looking out at the mountains as we flew through the passes in a slow and lumbering way that if the Taliban had any idea how to camouflage a few teams with RPK's that they could down one filled with US troops and contractors quite easily.

I think it is more the ever changing flight paths, granted I am not Aviation so I do not know for certain, but I doubt we use the same way all the time.

The logistics of having an anti air team setup and skilled enough to down one is pretty difficult Id think.

They did a textbook attack, wait for touchdown to the DZ and smash them while theyre leaving.

I think it is more the ever changing flight paths, granted I am not Aviation so I do not know for certain, but I doubt we use the same way all the time.

The logistics of having an anti air team setup and skilled enough to down one is pretty difficult Id think.

They did a textbook attack, wait for touchdown to the DZ and smash them while theyre leaving.

As I remember it, they pretty much had to fly straight through the Khowst-Gardez pass coming out of FOB Salerno, especially when they had stops was at COP Wilderness, a postage stamp size base in the middle of the road between Salerno and Gardez.  Those S-92's the contractors flew did not give me much confidence if things went bad, but I was stuck on one on average once a week to get around the AO.

• Like 1

As I remember it, they pretty much had to fly straight through the Khowst-Gardez pass coming out of FOB Salerno, especially when they had stops was at COP Wilderness, a postage stamp size base in the middle of the road between Salerno and Gardez. Those S-92's the contractors flew did not give me much confidence if things went bad, but I was stuck on one on average once a week to get around the AO.

DOS still hasnt said who exactly was captured/killed - wonder why they were targetted