Another off the bucket list, Ruger No. 1 45-70.

This may not make most peoples list, but I have a Ruger addiction and like large bore calibers. I have been looking for a Ruger No. 1 in 45-70 for some time now, but have not been able to find one locally or at a price I was willing to pay. Yesterday I found one that met both criteria that was in great shape. I have never shot a No. 1, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it has one of the best triggers I have felt. I am suspicious that it has had some trigger work done, as there is no creep and is very light.

It has Ruger rings, but I am not sure what I am going to mount on it. I have an older Leupold VX-3 1.5 by 5 that would work well, but it am seriously considering getting a peep sight of some kind. Any suggestions in this area would be helpful. I am going to have to sell some other firearms to pay for this per the agreement with the wife, but I couldn't be happier.

53dceca2a1b1203f92138b54016713b0_zps4hdi

9d3aa8104ee40cccf01ce79e01ed9d6d_zpsf1qs

4d3feae1980ebab5d525d8b2da0ed522_zpsf7m8

65a3ab19eea577f5cb4fb938e15cc30a_zpso22x

1a5c5421014b381141bd1aa4528a69b4_zpscth2
That is fuzz on the checkering from the gun case I brought it home in.

Edited by Odessa7979
  • Like 8

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.