Speaking of Fred Thompson: Movie "Marie"

Oh Shoot

Little seen film, Marie (or Marie: The True Story), is on TCM tonight at 10:15.

This is the deal about how Ray Blanton was brought down in the parole part of the corruption scandal, with Fred actually playing himself -- he was Marie Ragghianti's, real attorney at the time, and this was how his acting career began.

Problem is, I want to see Trump on SNL too.Maybe I'll just catch that with On Demand another time, as I don't see any listings for the movie again anytime soon.

I've never seen this flick, but rated 6.7 on IMDB and Ebert gave it three stars:

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/marie-a-true-story-1985

And a part of TN history.

- OS

• Like 1

Thanks as I was looking for something to watch tonight except Monday night Football...................

How you gonna see it?

I'd like to see whole thing, as I cut it off to watch Trump on SNL, but wish I hadn't.  It's not available On Demand on Comcast, even as a pay for.

- OS

How you gonna see it?

I'd like to see whole thing, as I cut it off to watch Trump on SNL, but wish I hadn't.  It's not available On Demand on Comcast, even as a pay for.

- OS

Oh I did not look at date of your post. It was on Saturday. Maybe Netflix or Redbox will have it. I will check and see............Need to look at post dates more................ :wall:

Trying to bone up on his role in the thing, but IMDB shows he was played by actor Leon Rippy?

- OS

you are correct his role was played by an actor but he had a small speaking role , it's been years since I saw the movie . He was the DA for many yrs in Hamilton Co. Edited by et45