Sig P6 or Ruger P95DC

Superman

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people were having issues with hollow points and the P6's. I'd still go with it over the Ruger though, just make sure it likes the ammo you plan on carrying. Mine has had no problems at all so far. Mags are getting expensive for them, but it should come with two. Still seems to be plenty of them around right now so I wouldn't settle for one with too much wear at that price.

The ruger is a good gun too, a little large for what it is.

You might look for an older Sig P226.

http://sigforum.com/eve That's a good place for info on the sig's.

Sig FTW!

Ive read online about HP's not feeding well,but Ive had no problems whatsoever feeding mine Golddots!

However,it doesn't seem to like Winchester.

Thats probably what all the folks reporting FTFs are using in HPs.

I have also had no probs with Fiocchi,or Wolf!

Edited by strickj
Guest wheelgunner100

I have used both at one time or another. Both are good guns. The Ruger has a larger magazine capacity, the Sig will have a higher resale value if you should decide later to sell it. The magazines for the Sig are hard to find and expensive. Also, my understanding is that the Sig 225/P6 is no longer made so spare parts might be an issue some day. It's really a "you pays your money, you takes your choice" kinda thing.

The foregoing is my opinion, freely offered and worth precisely what you paid for it.

Also, my understanding is that the Sig 225/P6 is no longer made so spare parts might be an issue some day.

Not necessarily true. I've bought quite a few spare parts for a P6 from brownells and other sources. And of course, you can get any spring needed from Wolff.

They made the P6/225 for a very long time - and lots of them were issued to police departments who kinda like to be able to keep their weapons in working order. There will parts available for many, many years.

Not sure where you got your price on the P6 but aimsurplus.com used to have them. They are not on the site any longer but I talked to a guy on the phone a few weeks ago and he said you could still order one. I think the price was $269.00 at the time. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Sig.

Mick

Not sure where you got your price on the P6 but aimsurplus.com used to have them. They are not on the site any longer but I talked to a guy on the phone a few weeks ago and he said you could still order one. I think the price was $269.00 at the time. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Sig.

Mick

Well I looked around online and everywhere I looked was out of stock. But even at $269 and you add in shipping and the transfer fee from a local FFL you're over $300, right? I went again today and got it for $325. It seems to shoot good. It has some holster wear, but camparing it to other guns there it looks like it wasn't shot much.

Personally i have never shot the Sig P6 so i couldn't give you my opinion there. However i do have a Ruger p95dc. Very very reliable gun. Eats almost everything i shoot. In terms of aesthetics, the Ruger is kinda bulky but don't over analyze that. A little on the large for conceal carry. But It's a good weapon. Way better than a lowpoint or keltec

Well I looked around online and everywhere I looked was out of stock. But even at $269 and you add in shipping and the transfer fee from a local FFL you're over $300, right? I went again today and got it for $325. It seems to shoot good. It has some holster wear, but camparing it to other guns there it looks like it wasn't shot much.

Glad you like yours!

Mine was also a little rough looking,but the internals were completely in great shape.

I recoated it in blue,and it now looks totally good.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/group.php?&do=discuss&groupid=6&discussionid=6&gmid=74#gmessage74

Guest gcrookston
I've been looking around at getting a handgun. It will be my first handgun. Would like to get a little feedback on these 2 guns. Will be going to another place to look around tomorrow. The Ruger is about $250 and the Sig is about $350.

In your instance, I would go with the Sig.