Greetings from the Boro

Greetings!

I had an account here for a while (since I've known David from a different forum he ran), but mostly lurked once in a while. However, recently I've been reading TGO more frequently, and started posting, so I guess it's time for me to officially say Hello.

I've lived in Middle Tennessee since 93 when I moved here from Germany. As a permanent resident, (I'm not a US citizen yet.... yeah, I know, I need to change that, hopefully before this years election), I originally thought I wouldn't be allowed to own guns. I was under the impression that gun ownership was a right reserved for US citizens. So a decade or so ago, after the first season of Top Shot aired, I got interested in guns again and only then found out that it was legal for me to own guns. And thus the seed was planted...

My first gun was a Remington 870 Marine Magnum. I added a side-saddle, small Tac light, and single-sling attachment. Since I'm a bit on the skinny side and lack... uhm... natural padding... I added a recoil-reducing Knoxx SpecOps stock, which I later replaced with a Knoxx Compstock since I found out that I prefer a regular stock over pistol grip. With the Compstock I can shoot slugs and turkey loads all day without getting a single mark. Anyway, I enjoy shooting clays and the occasional milk jugs.

Next up was a Ruger 22/45 which got adorned with fiber optic sights. It's an awesome gun, very accurate and fun to shoot. But the grip is too small for my hands, even with a HandAll strapped over it. At some time at a range with friends, we rented several guns, including a CZ75, and it fit my hand perfectly. So I laid plans to acquire one.

Since new CZ's appear to come on the market only a few times a years and sell very quickly, and work and other hobbies always side-tracked me, it took a while for things to align properly. But last November, I received an email from Buds regarding my wishlist item (CZ75B, SS). After browsing CZ-Customs web site for their number, I got even more giddy since it showed the 2075BD in stock on their web site! It looked like a Christmas miracle! So I called in and talked to Rob, who responded with "Huh? It's showing available online? Let me check." (a few minutes later) "No sorry, we don't have one.". I guess that meant there were plenty of folks on their waiting list and none was left over for me after all. Being tired of waiting, I decided on a 2075B without decocker, which was still in stock at Buds, and added that to the cart as well. Hallelujah! A Merry CZ-Christmas it was! (In retrospect, I prefer the manual safety. It's easily decocked in a safe manner, and trigger pull is butter smooth).

I already added adjustable fiber optic sights to the 75, and also lightly polished the trigger bar and sear cage. Has about 400 rounds through it so far. I don't think it needs anything else as this time as the trigger is very sweet the way it is. The only thing it needs are... well... more ammo. The RAMI will be sent eventually to Cajun Gun Works for Meprolight Tritium sight install and probably a trigger replacement. (It also ate 300 rounds or so already without hiccups).

I love both CZ! And I seem to have caught the CZ fever since I'm already lust^H^H^H^Hyearning after a 75 PCR (but may settle for a steel compact if a PCR remains elusive). 

I'd also like to have a semi-auto submachine gun, probably MP5, SBR'ed and suppressed. Or possibly an MPX or AR-15-based one. Then maybe an AK47. Then perhaps....

Ahhh...I see now how the addiction starts. Well... until such time, I shall enjoy what I have.

I look forward to discussions and knowledge sharing in this forum. And perhaps we'll meet sometime at a TGO meeting, if y'all get together at times. As you can tell, I have much to learn about and from this community.

Cheers,

Frank

PS: Regarding my screen name: No, I don't like Star Wars at all. That nickname was bestowed upon me since some people occasionally pronounce my last name like Kenobi. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic