obama assault weapons possibility

someone correct me if i am wrong, but i see nothing that prohibits someone from owning a fully automatic pre ban AK47 in tennessee. is my research correct?

It’s governed by Federal law. You can own full auto weapons if you pay the Feds and file all the proper paper work. Transfer of or modifying a weapon to make it fully auto without the Feds stamp of approval will land you in prison.

Then explain why in the application to be part of his administration it asks "Do you or anyone in your immediate family own a gun? If so please provide all registration information."

Help me out, I tried to verify that and I can’t. Google returns only one link (to a newspaper in Northern Illinois) and I can’t find it on that site.

True he DOES have bigger fish to fry at the moment but who's to say he doesn't have "plans" for gun owners if not now then at some point in the next 4 years or God forbid

I’m sure he would like to outlaw many types of guns; and I’m sure he and Presidents that follow will try. He was pretty clear on that and the American people elected him anyway.

He ran on a ticket of CHANGE…. Things are going to change. ;)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and one more thing, don`t worry about your guns, Obama is not that much different than McCane or Bush, he has a bigger fish to fry than to be worried about your gun..there is way too many guns areound to be controled any way..leave the man alone....

Db

I always liked to have at least couple guns bought FTF, regardless of who the president is, just my preferance, there is just some things I like to keep private...

+1

Guest Schwarzgebrannt
Got a 12 point buck with mine this year, about a week ago....didn't even have to field dress it, the gun did it for me!:D

Is that a "they're useless for hunting, so why do you need one?" line?

Then explain why in the application to be part of his administration it asks "Do you or anyone in your immediate family own a gun? If so please provide all registration information."

True he DOES have bigger fish to fry at the moment but who's to say he doesn't have "plans" for gun owners if not now then at some point in the next 4 years or God forbid, 8?

well, that`s his job application wich is known to be a notorious anyway, he himslef couldn`t even get a job filling out that application. I don`t know what he will do, nobody knows, we have to wait and see, we "the people" are living in a different world from Washington and Wall street anyway, bottom line is they don`t give a **** about us, they need us only to get our votes and that`s all, you could see that in the last few months with all this bailouts and throwing the money at banks and corporations, while they are swiming in cash, we "the people" are still losing our houses and jobs...last month 533.000 people , working man and women, our mom`s,dads,brothers and sisters lost their jobs and what do you think how many jobs was lost in Washington ?? none, they are adding a new ones all the time....Bush screwed up, what will Obama do, we don`t know that yet but knowing that him and Hillary got their elections funds and dontaions from big corporations I seriously doubt that there will be to much of a change to see. They have some little bone they throwe at us once in awhile, like gun control, social security,health care etc..that`s just to keep us, "the people" occupied with something while they rub each other shoulders and through all kinds of tricks circulate the cash among themselfs. Republicans AND democrats...I don`t trust to any of them, I trust to myself and to my S&W...

Edited by 44M