Blades... what's in your pocket?

TGO David

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest jackdog

CRKT m16-04 that you can shave with. A buddy aked to see it once and ran is thumb over the cutting edge. Five stiches later, he learned that was not real bright. But he doesnt ask to see it anymore..

Jackdog

Gerber serrated Eazy-Out, i've had mutiple knifes over the years, love this one the best. It gets used probaby 30-40 times a day when Im at work cuttin plastic and crap.

Currently carrying some Browning POS but it gets the job done when necessary which isn't very often. I plan on getting one of these C79BK_M.jpg in the near future. The safety tip may seem unpractical, but I figure with two small children, the possibility of having to cut something near their skin is very real and I would rather have that added safety precaution. I also like the carbide tip that comes out under pressure to be able to break class should the need arise.

I have carried Spyderco's for a while and I can tell you they are definitely a company to do business with. Once I had a tip break while cutting carpet. I called them and they said send it in. They weren't able to fix it 100% instead they ground down where they could put a point on it and sharpened it up, then they sent it back along with another Delica that was half serrated and have straight blade with the metal clip they were trying out. NO CHARGE, ZILCH, NADA, ZIP, ZERO $. Good company and I will continue to do business with them. The browning was a spur of the moment deal and I have since lost my Delica and Endura.

Picked up one of these a few weeks back:

c302-c303-diagram.jpg

you know GT, im begining to like you. So far youve recommended a good beer to me, now i like your knife. So describe more please.

Guest GT_Rat
:rant: Well, it does seem to be a good knife. I have the serrated blade version. I haven't really put it to a lot of use yet but it's always there when I need it. I like the bottle opener/carabiner but I'm not completely sold on the "Blade launcher." It doesn't open it completely. You still have to finish the job with the thumb stud.
Guest Archimedes

schrade.jpg

gerber.jpg

crkt.jpg

The Schrade I picked up at a pawn shop recently. I used to have one just like it and they are good knives.

The Gerber is the one I carry always. It was cheap at Wally world and I love the finger hole and the belt pouch.

The M-!6 came with my LaserMax for my G36 and I love it. I love the little assist thing that lets you snap the blade out. I'm going to buy another and put the LaserMax one away for safe-keeping.

I see some really sweet knives out there, though.

~Archi

:rant: Well, it does seem to be a good knife. I have the serrated blade version. I haven't really put it to a lot of use yet but it's always there when I need it. I like the bottle opener/carabiner but I'm not completely sold on the "Blade launcher." It doesn't open it completely. You still have to finish the job with the thumb stud.

Soo...whats the name of it man. Come on, give it up!!!

Hi all,

I am carrying a Strider Buck Military Folder. So far it's been the best $40 knife I have ever owned. I use it daily for office carry and "farm" chores and so far it's performed like a champ. It has completely replaced my Camillus EDC. I think I need to stock up on some more of them, I have heard Strider and Buck are breaking ties.

med_889OD-700x700.jpg

Hi all,

I am carrying a Strider Buck Military Folder. So far it's been the best $40 knife I have ever owned. I use it daily for office carry and "farm" chores and so far it's performed like a champ. It has completely replaced my Camillus EDC. I think I need to stock up on some more of them, I have heard Strider and Buck are breaking ties.

med_889OD-700x700.jpg

where did you get a strider/buck for $40! i want one. i've always wanted to get a strider, their lone folders are $400!

where did you get a strider/buck for $40! i want one. i've always wanted to get a strider, their lone folders are $400!

Well, it's in the $40 range :D, it's been a little while since I go it. I got mine from LA Police Gear, they have them in brown and green for $49.40. I have a green one. http://www.lapolicegear.com/bustsbmifood.html

The black is a little higher at $52.

P1010002.jpg

Those are all cept for 1 $5.99 gas station special knife.

Bottom left going clockwise...

Gerber eazy out, my daily knife

Swiss Army 16pc

Swiss Army ?Hiker? -cant remember, had it for like 12yrs

Original Leatherman

Maxon- Grandfathers daily knife

Western-also Grandfathers hunting knife

btw, can you tell I use to be a Boy Scout. :D

WOW... Strider for under $100???

Strider Design, Buck Materials

It's the Buck standard 420 HC stainless, not the Paul Bos heat treated ATS-34 of the earlier Buck-Strider colaborations. However it's been making me very happy with my purchase sinc the day it arrived.

I forgot to mention a knife that is almost always in my pocket, even if just sitting around home. It's one of those little Swiss Army Knives.

VGB2.jpg

Victorinox Black Classic SD

The "SD" stands for screwdriver. The screwdriver works on an amazing number of gun screws. Thin enough to fit in those tight screw heads. They are only about $10. I've sent quite a few to guys being deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. One of those items that once you carry it for a while, it becomes a basic tool.