keltec 380

my82cam

i am now the proud owner of a keltec p3at. i have wanted one for a long time and ran up on a deal...5 mags nib with 100 rounds ammo for 300. i already ordered a pocket holster for it. is there anything i need to do to the gun, i have heard stories of them not shooting and they are a piece of junk but then i hear they are great. anyways, i bought it and love it. has anyone had a bad/good one?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine about a month and a half ago. I took it straight to the range and put 100 rounds of WWB through it without a hitch. There is the "fluff and buff" but since mine worked without issue, I haven't looked into doing that yet.

If you want to part with one of those mags anytime soon, let me know. It would be nice to have a 2nd one for at the range etc.

I love mine too and carry it every day. I did experience some FTF issues at first but it is broken in now. I did do a fluff 'n buff because I like doing that kind of thing and the gun is kind of rough out of the box. You still have to keep a firm grip on it but you can't beat the firepower for the size!

I bought one with a 10 round magazine for my wife originally..but she didn't like it because it hurt her hand to shoot it. (she's a nurse with soft hands...)

anyhow, I took it over and ran about 500 rounds through it before I ever cleaned it! never a misfire, nor hiccup.

danged accurate too out to about 15 to 20 feet.

I'm not normally a fan of plastic fantastics, but that sucker was nice....I ended up trading it for a Bursa .380....I shouldda kept it.:hat:

Its ok though, it went to a good home and I'll pick another one up eventually.

Enjoy your new pistol!

Don't short stroke the trigger on follow-up shots...meaning let the trigger go all the way forward after each shot or you will get light primer strikes and failures to fire.

Clean it often. It is kinda finicky about its grooming.

Make sure to carry in a pocket holster (you said you've ordered it) and not loose in your pocket.

Run at least 100 rounds thru it with 0 problems before you EDC it.

I love mine. It's light, thin, and fast (all of which I am not :shhh:) and I may or may not have something else on me, but my P3AT is always on the scene.

Congrats !! :cool:

Not to my knowledge, just increased demand for a small pocket pistol. I had to get one at the gun show since all of the local stores were out of them when I was ready to buy.

Guest Wilson1

Mine is a 2nd gen. Very pleased - no problems at all, with around 200 rounds fired. My girlfriend's brother has a 1st gen, no idea of his round count - but he has been happy with it as well.

Mike

Edited by Wilson1
Spelling
i have never heard of fluff and buff. what is that? shooting and cleaning for the first time?

Once more:

Go to this site, sign up and visit it often. You will know more about the Kel Tec from here than anywhere else on the net.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=104

It is a good idea to give it a "fluff and buff" the means of which can be found via the search engine.

Guest Wilson1
how can i tell if i have a first gen or 2nd?

Go to KTOG.org - it is easier visually versus verbally describing.

Plus as Mousgunner stated, there is a wealth of knowledge there on these weapons.

Mike

Guest tbreed725

ive had one for going on 2 years now it goes with me everywhere mostly as a bug but its still there and it lives in adesantis nemesis holster , never a malfunction and always goes bang