Poll - Are you willing to help support TGO?

PackinMama

Are you willing to help support TGO to keep it afloat?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Are you willing to help support TGO to keep it afloat?

• I'm already a monthly benefactor and will continue to be.
    • I'm not a monthly benefactor, but I will sign up a.s.a.p.
    • I want to be a monthly benefactor, but not via paypal.
    • I'm already a monthly benefactor AND I'm willing to give more than $3 a month.
    • I'm not a monthly benefactor but I will sign up asap AND I'm willing to give more than $3 a month.
    • I want to be a monthly benefactor AND I'm willing to give more than $3 a month, but not via paypal.
    • I'm already an authorized vendor.
    • I'm not an authorized vendor, but will sign up a.s.a.p.
    • I'm already an authorized vendor AND I'm willing to pay more for that service.
    • I am not willing to help support TGO.

As most of you know, TGO needs our help to keep going. We're talking about it in another thread here, but I thought I'd start this poll to see exactly who would be willing to support TGO to keep it afloat...and how much we'd all be willing to give each month. Please, everyone, lets take this poll seriously. Think about your answer, and about how much you will actually be willing to donate to TGO - EVERY MONTH. It's going to take a certain amount of money every month to keep this forum up and running....somewhere, it appears, in the $200-$250 range....unless we can get lucky enough to find somewhere to host the site for free. So lets all come together and let Tungsten know how much help he can count on from us. I'm doing this poll outside of my "moderator" duties...this is personal and I'd do it whether I was a moderator or not.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, when you do one of these, it posts the first part first....then it lets you add the poll after. Sorry....it took me a while to get it done....but there it is. :koolaid:

And it only lets you have 10 poll options, sorry. If you're donating bi-yearly or yearly, or whatever, just write that in the thread.

Edited by PackinMama
Guest Verbal Kint

Did the state of Florida make those poll options? Can we add a few more? :koolaid:

ETA: I just voted the first one, rather than read and decipher the rest... but am willing to pay more, if need be.

Guest Verbal Kint
In all fairness,I think a bowl of Fruit Loops would confuse you!

Okay, that's it... I'm gonna wait till TGO shares are available, and buy the majority. Then I'm making you my bitch! You're gonna squeal, boy! :koolaid:

Did the state of Florida make those poll options? Can we add a few more? :koolaid:

ETA: I just voted the first one, rather than read and decipher the rest... but am willing to pay more, if need be.

same. I just signed up for another 6 months earlier but can give more.

I tried to do the best I could with only 10 poll options allowed. If one of the super mods or admin would like to change the poll options, I won't be offended. :koolaid:

Maybe it would be better if the word "monthly" was removed and it just said "benefactor"?

Edited by PackinMama
Guest Verbal Kint
I tried to do the best I could with only 10 poll options allowed. If one of the super mods or admin would like to change the poll options, I won't be offended. :D

Nah, it's cool... you could just tell a woman made it. :koolaid: It's very... um... thorough. lol

What benefits do I get for being a "benefactor" to the site (other than the obvious "the site gets to stay open")?

I ask this because in my experience in setting up pay structures for forums, there have to be clear incentives for one to pay $$$$ into the system, rather than just logging on.

Some ideas that may or may not be already in use:

-Only paid members can upload pictures

-Search limits for non-paid members

-Ad banners from places like Google, with paid vendors in rotation

-prominent vendor section (top of the forum list) corresponds with premium vendor fees

-promotion of a culture of "stop freeloading, get your membership"

-Get the word out about the forums elsewhere to increase membership

I don't know specifically what this place costs, what the "benefactor" ratio is, or anything else - but for a site to be successful, you have to approach it just like any other business.

I do know that Google ads pay for about half of my annual hosting costs for my own website, which isn't bad considering I don't really get the traffic I used to get to it, and I don't have the big page impressions you get from running a forum.

For me personally to put money into something - I have to see a tangible benefit or reason for my money to be well spent.

On some sites - I pay to be a member so I have access to their HUGE forum search database. On others, it is to have access to premium classified forums that really move product.

Rarely do I support out of charity - mainly because personally, my charity is devoted to other forms.

Just some ideas to toss out, hope it helps.

Guest Verbal Kint
What benefits do I get for being a "benefactor" to the site (other than the obvious "the site gets to stay open")?

For me personally to put money into something - I have to see a tangible benefit or reason for my money to be well spent.

Rarely do I support out of charity - mainly because personally, my charity is devoted to other forms.

Um... wow... good to see that the American spirit of "What do I get out of this?" is alive and well. :koolaid:

I would have thought TGO being kept alive is enough, like the other 30 or so people that have chimed in, but I guess not.

Edited by Verbal Kint
32 voters now

Wow, been out of pocket yesterday and last night. Man o man.

I have given in the past, but have not been able to lately, I will be in a better position in a few days and I will sign up for either a year or a semi annual.