Shooting at Augusta HS graduation likely only a misdemeanor

Owning a .380 Kel-Tec myself (not sure if it's the same model, but could be), I'm flabbergasted that he was able to pull the trigger while re-adjusting it.  I hope they throw every law in the book at this guy.  Stupid should have consequences

• Like 1
19 hours ago, btq96r said:

Owning a .380 Kel-Tec myself (not sure if it's the same model, but could be), I'm flabbergasted that he was able to pull the trigger while re-adjusting it.  I hope they throw every law in the book at this guy.  Stupid should have consequences

They only make one model of .380 - the P3AT.  There has been a first and second generation but only the one model and the trigger pull is about the same on both gens.  Why the heck did he have it in his sock?  I have an ankle holster for mine that I bought at a gun show.  It is inexpensive and works great - it is basically like a belly band but sized to fit around the ankle.  It retains the pistol, keeps it in one place and covers the trigger.  I hardly ever use it but if I want to carry the P3AT on my ankle it will be in the holster.  If a person can afford the pistol, the ammo and the carry permit then he or she can afford such a simple, inexpensive but effective holster.  IIRC, when I bought it (which was a few years back) that holster cost less than a single box of .380 range ammo.

Of course, being that he was on school grounds and apparently inside the school building wasn't it illegal for him to have it on him, at all?  Seems like that would be more than a misdemeanor. 

Edited by JAB
19 minutes ago, JAB said:

They only make one model of .380 - the P3AT.  There has been a first and second generation but only the one model and the trigger pull is about the same on both gens.  Why the heck did he have it in his sock?  I have an ankle holster for mine that I bought at a gun show.  It is inexpensive and works great - it is basically like a belly band but sized to fit around the ankle.  It retains the pistol, keeps it in one place and covers the trigger.  I hardly ever use it but if I want to carry the P3AT on my ankle it will be in the holster.  If a person can afford the pistol, the ammo and the carry permit then he or she can afford such a simple, inexpensive but effective holster.  IIRC, when I bought it (which was a few years back) that holster cost less than a single box of .380 range ammo.

Of course, being that he was on school grounds and apparently inside the school building wasn't it illegal for him to have it on him, at all?  Seems like that would be more than a misdemeanor. 

Then it's the same one I have (P3AT).  I'm sure your with me at wondering just how the hell he squeezed the trigger that isn't exactly light and smooth.  And yeah...inside the sock is about as dumb a place to carry as can be.  I have a tiny Fobus holster for mine that takes up about the space of two leathermans on a belt when carried OWB.  So, there are holsters for this gun if someone knows how to use Google.

A woman has a gunshot wound for the rest of their life because this guy doesn't have the common sense evolution gave a turnip.  I'll say he doesn't need to be carrying a gun anymore, he's forfeited that right with his stupidity.

1 hour ago, JAB said:

That was raised in the article. Kansas allows carry on school grounds, but school buildings can be posted. What exactly is a typical high school football stadium? Is it grounds or is it a building? Looks like the court will give Kansas residents an answer to that.