Merry Christmas to me....

Woody

I have been needing a bigger safe for some time, and when my local Liberty dealer had a sale and "6 months same as cash", I couldn't put it off any longer.

And since I have more room now, I went ahead and got me an evil black rifle....:koolaid: (Bushmaster)

002.jpg001.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VolDaddy

Looks good. Anyone else keep a safe in the garage. How big of an issue is the moisture? I have seen the electric rods, but not wanting to drill a hole in the safe. I have been keeping mine inside. Might move it outside. After 5 years in the bedroom I moved it. I was surprised to find a big rust spot under the safe. The movers said a safe will draw moisture on a slab foundation.

Looks good. Anyone else keep a safe in the garage. How big of an issue is the moisture? I have seen the electric rods, but not wanting to drill a hole in the safe. I have been keeping mine inside. Might move it outside. After 5 years in the bedroom I moved it. I was surprised to find a big rust spot under the safe. The movers said a safe will draw moisture on a slab foundation.

you know..that's a good question. I wonder when the folks at liberty will start adding an outlet inside for a dehumidifier..or build one into the safe...

other than that, the only thing I can think of is putting a layer of styrofoam in between the safe and the floor...Woody did his right though..notice the space between the floor and the safe.

that may be a lever point but unless they have a really BIG pry bar, I don't think they'd get into it.

Mine had a hole for the dehumidifier. My dealer recommended leaving the safe on the pallet to keep it off of the concrete. (it is bolted through the pallet, into the floor). My garage stays at a pretty constant temp. I hope it will be ok. I didn't really have anywhere in the house I wanted to put it.

Were the holsters on the dorr supplied with the safe, or did you use an aftermarket setup? If so, what type? I need more room and that would help out some.

Came as an accessory with the safe. Not sure on the brand. It only came with 6 pouches though. I got lucky and found a couple of similar kits on clearance @ TSC that I bought just for the pouches.

Love the pistol holders. Might have to retro my Liberty to free up some room. I have mine in the Garage sitting up off the floor as well about 2.5".I haven't had any moisture issues. I do keep a large bag of those dry crystal pellets. Most safe companies will sell you a bag. Or at least they used to. Just don't eat it!:tough:

Guest VolDaddy

I have two bags of that stuff also. I hear you can get the oven good and hot put em in for about 20 minutes and they come out like new. Good for another year.

Guest Bronker
I have been needing a bigger safe for some time, and when my local Liberty dealer had a sale and "6 months same as cash", I couldn't put it off any longer.

And since I have more room now, I went ahead and got me an evil black rifle....:D (Bushmaster)

002.jpg001.jpg

Woody, how do you have those pistols attached? Standard strips of velcro, or some bought product?

Woody, how do you have those pistols attached? Standard strips of velcro, or some bought product?

The pouches came with velcro on them. They stick pretty damn good !

They would also stick directly to the door before I put the gray material on the door that came with the kit, but they seem to stick better to the material.