Just finished another ar pistol

DT INC.

The brown Santa paid me a visit yesterday and now I have my second ar pistol completed . I already have one in 300 blk so this time I went with 50 Beowulf . I will post a pic after work today. I'm pretty excited about it so far. The upper is a radical firearms 10.5" 12.7 x42. The radical firearms website has them for $659.00 with a 8 week lead time. Primary Arms has the same exact upper for 459.00 and had it to me in 2 days. I can't wait to try this out. Does anybody else have a ar pistol in this caliber?

• Like 4
On 6/18/2016 at 9:59 PM, DT INC. said:

The rail on the upper receiver is a little thicker than normal so I'm gonna have to work on the rear sight before I can put it into position. 

Did you try sliding it on from the charging handle side of the receiver? I had that problem with an upper once and it went on fine from the CH side, but not the 'muzzle' side. 

Worth trying.

I want a .50 AR. 5.56 for when you need to take on a truck load of guys, .50 for when you need to take on the truck itself...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TrickyNicky said:

Did you try sliding it on from the charging handle side of the receiver? I had that problem with an upper once and it went on fine from the CH side, but not the 'muzzle' side. 

Worth trying.

I want a .50 AR. 5.56 for when you need to take on a truck load of guys, .50 for when you need to take on the truck itself...

I will give that a try nick. You are more than welcome to come give my .50 a try if you want .

9 hours ago, TrickyNicky said:

Many, likely most, rear sights with one piece picatinny base require that. Both Magpul and PSA ones do. Both those look like maybe Magpul ?, so I really don't see how you got either on where they are without sliding it on rail in the first place. (You have to remove through-bolt first, but you knew that, right?)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
4 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Many, likely most, rear sights with one piece picatinny base require that. Both Magpul and PSA ones do. Both those look like maybe Magpul ?, so I really don't see how you got either on where they are without sliding it on rail in the first place. (You have to remove through-bolt first, but you knew that, right?)

- OS

The rail on the handguard is thinner than the rail on the upper. The thicker rail on the upper receiver starts right behind the where the rear sight is sitting. I had to slide it on from the muzzle end to get it to that point . I tried putting it on from the charging handle end and the rail is to thick on that side also. The sights are magpul mbus. I may try to find a set of sights that have the 2 piece base. I just can't bring myself to open up the base in the magpul sight .

4 hours ago, DT INC. said:

The rail on the handguard is thinner than the rail on the upper. The thicker rail on the upper receiver starts right behind the where the rear sight is sitting. I had to slide it on from the muzzle end to get it to that point . I tried putting it on from the charging handle end and the rail is to thick on that side also. The sights are magpul mbus. I may try to find a set of sights that have the 2 piece base. I just can't bring myself to open up the base in the magpul sight .

I cant for the life of me remember which upper gave me the most issue, but one it was a really, really tight fit. Maybe the CMT set?

In any case once I decided I wasn't going to hurt the upper one way or another, and was resigned to replacing the sight, I muscled it on there. It was tight though, I could probably pick up the rifle by the rear sight unpinned kinda tight. Maybe try a little light lube? Or 2-3 beers and a small triangle file.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TrickyNicky said:

I cant for the life of me remember which upper gave me the most issue, but one it was a really, really tight fit. Maybe the CMT set?

In any case once I decided I wasn't going to hurt the upper one way or another, and was resigned to replacing the sight, I muscled it on there. It was tight though, I could probably pick up the rifle by the rear sight unpinned kinda tight. Maybe try a little light lube? Or 2-3 beers and a small triangle file.

I will give both of those methods a shot. While I'm at it and have my tools at hand, I might do some "mods" to my mosin so I can post up some pics for No_One. Lmao

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, DT INC. said:

I will give both of those methods a shot. While I'm at it and have my tools at hand, I might do some "mods" to my mosin so I can post up some pics for No_One. Lmao

Three words for you.

Dremel. Tool. Obrez.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I put 20 rounds threw this beast today and it was a lot of fun, recoil was very manageable . The only problem I had was finding a target that would actually stop the bullets enough for them to mushroom.

• Like 1