Designated Survivor?

NoBanStan

Anyone watch this yet? I managed to make it through two episodes and so far I'm not very impressed.

Not 2 minutes into the show and the "president" is harping on about wealthy people. It's saturated with liberal view points. Not to mention the weak plot points... some unknown threat destroys the capital building in an instant, but the remainder of the US government has no problem keeping the new president in the white house a few blocks away.

Meanwhile, the police are racial profiling/beating middle easterners in the streets and the military wants to attack some random terror group just to prove a point.

35 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

I will give it a chance.  Did you like 24 or Blacklist?  They aren't realistic either, but they are both great shows (at least for me).  I don't read too much into a TV show.  That's what it is, a "show".

I've seen parts of both though neither as a whole.

I'm totally with you about it just being a show, i watch walking dead so i'm quite familiar with the suspension of disbelief. I can forgive a plot hole way easier than obvious agenda though.

8 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

Anyone watch this yet? I managed to make it through two episodes and so far I'm not very impressed.

Not 2 minutes into the show and the "president" is harping on about wealthy people. It's saturated with liberal view points. Not to mention the weak plot points... some unknown threat destroys the capital building in an instant, but the remainder of the US government has no problem keeping the new president in the white house a few blocks away.

Meanwhile, the police are racial profiling/beating middle easterners in the streets and the military wants to attack some random terror group just to prove a point.

Thanks, I'll pass on it so my respect for Jack Bauer won't be diminished.

I'm finding it kind of interesting. Its an unusual twist on the SHTF scenario. Yeah, it does have a definite liberal bias. But then so does any TV show that deals with politics. :puke:

I'm more interested in the lady FBI agent and who done it. I think it'll turn out to be an inside job. :confused:

As long as it doesn't get too political or soapy, I'm gonna give it a chance. 

• Like 1