Smith 5906

Guest eyebedam

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abailey362

police trade in 5906 was my first handgun. shot well...never had any problems except with limp wristing when learning to shoot properly. Sold it a few years ago and wish i hadn't

Guest eyebedam
CF Systems can be hit or miss. Look at summitgunbroker.com

for this model. Mark is one of the goodguys.

Thanks Ill check him out. Im just figuring out what I want really. I may end up with a 12 GA Shotty before all is said & Done.

Guest Bronker
So on my hunt for a new gun I ran across this. Does anyone own 1 or have any experience with these guns?

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/SW-5906.aspx

Don't you love when people chime in with "well, I've never shot one and I don't have a gun like this, but..."

FWIW...I have the 4506, which is the same exact gun, but in 45ACP. I have had it for 15 years or so. It was my first auto ever. I've put maybe only 300 rds through it, and it is smooth as silk. Never a hiccup. The only drawback is the weight, but that also is a "plus" for the reliability and stability of it. I ADORE mine, but she's mainly a safe queen.

Guest Revelator

I see from your avatar you've come across those Sham-wow commercials. They play them endlessly on Mike & Mike in the morning on ESPN. I want to shoot my tv when they come on. Earlier in another thread someone mentioned robertsontradingpost.com as a source. I spent about an hour on that site and saw some really good stuff; you may want to check it out. It's a bonus for me cause they're only about an hour away.

Guest eyebedam
I see from your avatar you've come across those Sham-wow commercials. They play them endlessly on Mike & Mike in the morning on ESPN. I want to shoot my tv when they come on. Earlier in another thread someone mentioned robertsontradingpost.com as a source. I spent about an hour on that site and saw some really good stuff; you may want to check it out. It's a bonus for me cause they're only about an hour away.

Thanks for that link. That place seems pretty awesome. Wonder how far from Nash it is. I may google directions. Thanks again.

Guest VolDaddy

I carry the 5904. The 59 family are good guns. Most you sell like that are former POPO guns, as was mine. I also have the same grips and like them. Parts, and mags are plentyfull, and cheep.

Guest Revelator
Thanks for that link. That place seems pretty awesome. Wonder how far from Nash it is. I may google directions. Thanks again.

It's just south of Jackson, which is about midway between Memphis and Nashville. Shouldn't be too far. I'm going to try to go over there Saturday.

Summit is located in Grain Valley, MO. Wouldn't do you any good to drive that far as you cannot buy a handgun out of state and pick it up there(unless you have your own FFL). I have talked with Mark and bought several from him, he is a great guy, he tells me after nearly being shot a couple of times he gave up his store front business and just sells on the internet now anyways. I don't think he even has a store open to the public. He will ship a prepaid item to any local FFL holder though and if he says the gun is clean or in good shape you can trust him, unlike some others with initials like J&G, CDNN, not to mention names or anything. I get all mine shipments sent to Phillip at Bellshire Hardware on Dickerson Road here in Nashville. Phillip is a good fellow to deal with and he gets items from Summit all the time so his FFL is already on file with them.

OOPS, thought you were asking about Summit, misread it. Good info anyways.

Post, Postscript, I see that Robertson Trading Post is in Henderson, I will have to check that out myself as I go to Lexington, TN all the time.

Edited by glockster157
add a postscript
So on my hunt for a new gun I ran across this. Does anyone own 1 or have any experience with these guns?

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/SW-5906.aspx

I had a 5906 years ago.

My 5906 was very reliable, but I just never could get good groups with it. Plus it was just too big for concealed carry.

I sold it and bought a Sig 226, which I still have. I find the Sig to be more comfortable & accurate.

I think the 3rd gen S&W autos are really overlooked as good guns. I just bought a 3913 that should be here in a few days. One of these days I hope to get a S&W CS9 if I can find one at a good price.

Guest fastshotivy

I've never had a problem with CDNN.:dropjaw:

My gun man get me stuff from them and we don't have a problem with them. Most of the stuff we get it almost like new.

Guest abailey362

looks like a cool place...but is also one of the worst websites I've seen....maybe one of you techy guys can trade them some web development for a gun

I've seen several handguns come from CDNN and J&G rated as very good and look like :tough:. Now, I'm not saying every gun but I have seen enough that I have doubts. They could argue they were mechanically very good but I found that kinda deceptive advertising. Summit will tell you straight up what it is.

Guest abailey362

gtdist has 6 or 7 5906 and 6906 trade-ins sitting in their case for $299 and plenty of extra mags. Looked t be in pretty good shape, but they were duty weapons.

Guest bigsack

my dad got one from GT a couple weeks ago. he hasn't shot it yet but i think were going to get out to the range some time soon. i took a look at it and aside from some holster wear it looks in good shape.