So You Want To Be A Tortilla Thrower.....

gun sane

It's become a daily morning ritual for me to nuke two El Monterey breakfast burritos in the micro, anoint them with hot sauce and then sit down to blow reveille on my stomach with these tantalizing Mexican-style torpedoes. Sure, I enjoy an occasional feast of eggs and bacon with a side of flapjacks, but only when I've convinced the wife that it's her sworn duty to fix them. Besides, I'd rather wash only one microwaveable dish than to go out on cold wintery mornings to pour the grease into the ditch out back and then have to give the skillet a good scrubbing. In only two minutes and twenty-seven seconds, these egg, bacon and cheese delicacies are ready for lip service. I buy them by the 8-round sack, along with the Egg, Sausage and Cheese, or Meat Lover's variety and devote about a quarter of our refrigerator freezer to these yummy stuffed blankets.

Since I've got one-third of my body's food requirements heavily invested in El Monterey, I thought it best to check up on the Ruiz family who makes these pick-me-uppers. They've been satisfying eaters like me since 1964, starting with a small mixer and Mama Ruiz's top-secret recipe in a 500 square-foot warehouse. Hard work, dedication and an uncanny ability to avoid ICE agents have kept this long tradition of wonderful south-of-the-border concoctions coming.

But now to the real reason I'm posting: I checked the El Monterey employment opportunities on their website and found that the Denison, TX facility is in dire need of a Tortilla Thrower. Although no formal education is required for the job, it's not without it's demand for skills. According to the job description, the successful tortilla thrower applicant must be able to "put the tortilla onto the conveyor belt at the standard speed, according to size and weight of the product being produced." As arduous as this task sounds, bear in mind that the worker will not be responsible for consistently throwing the tortilla at high-speed conveyor belts. The Ruiz family doesn't run a sweat shop. 

But mere physical ability is not the only unique talent this champion of the workplace must possess. The successful employee must also "place all tortillas going in the same direction." Evidently it takes an incredibly trained eye to determine which end of a round tortilla goes in first. In addition, he (or she) must "know which side of the tortilla is the right side up." That will probably send at least 90% of the wannabes back to the street right there.   But just in case a myopic pretender somehow gets through the cracks, the real professional tortilla thrower must painstakingly "remove all out-of-spec tortillas and know what an acceptable tortilla is."

The deal breaker may perhaps be this last requirement.  If you want to throw tortillas for Mama Ruiz, you should have one to six months of previous experience.  She's not taking greenies.  You might get by with an El Chico reference on your resume, but expect a rigorous training period before you start pitching for El Monterey.  I'm sure You can see from these five tough requirements why Trump is adamant about keeping top tortilla throwers in this country and not allowing the Ruiz family business to move to Mexico.

So, if you're in a dead end job and wondering if tortilla throwing is the challenge you need, why not give El Monterey a shot?  Sure it's a big move to Denison, so you might try just commuting to Texas from Tennessee for awhile to find out if you have the right stuff for this demanding position.  But remember....it's not for Eggo sissies. 

http://www.elmonterey.com/

• Like 4
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, gun sane said:

Se ha convertido en un ritual diario de la mañana para mí nuke dos burritos del desayuno de El Monterey en el micro, los unge con salsa caliente y después se sienta para soplar el reveille en mi estómago con estos tentadores torpedos al estilo mexicano. Claro, disfruto de una fiesta ocasional de huevos y bacon con un lado de flapjacks, pero sólo cuando he convencido a la esposa de que es su deber jurado para arreglarlos. Además, prefiero lavar sólo un plato de microondas que salir en las frías mañanas de invierno para verter la grasa en la zanja hacia atrás y luego tienen que dar a la sartén un buen fregado. En sólo dos minutos y veintisiete segundos, estas delicias de huevo, tocino y queso están listos para el labio de servicio. Los compro por el saco de 8 asaltos, junto con el huevo, la salchicha y el queso, o la variedad del amante de la carne y dedico alrededor de una cuarta parte de nuestro congelador del refrigerador a estas mantas de relleno deliciosas.

Ya que tengo un tercio de los requerimientos de comida de mi cuerpo fuertemente invertidos en El Monterey, pensé que era mejor chequear a la familia Ruiz que hace estos
Recógeme . Han estado satisfaciendo comedores como yo desde 1964, comenzando con un pequeño mezclador y la receta secreta de Mama Ruiz en un almacén de 500 pies cuadrados. El trabajo duro, la dedicación y la extraordinaria capacidad de evitar los agentes de ICE han mantenido esta larga tradición de maravillosos preparativos del sur de la frontera.

Pero ahora a la razón verdadera que estoy fijando: Comprobé las oportunidades de empleo de El Monterey en su Web site y encontré que la facilidad de Denison, TX está en la necesidad extrema de un lanzador de la tortilla. Aunque no se requiere educación formal para el trabajo, no es sin su demanda de habilidades. De acuerdo con la descripción del trabajo, el solicitante de lanzador de tortilla exitoso debe ser capaz de "poner la tortilla en la cinta transportadora a la velocidad estándar, de acuerdo al tamaño y peso del producto que se está produciendo". Tan arduo como suena esta tarea, tenga en cuenta que el trabajador no será responsable de lanzar consistentemente la tortilla en las cintas transportadoras de alta velocidad. La familia Ruiz no tiene una tienda de sudor.

Pero la mera habilidad física no es el único talento único que debe poseer este campeón del lugar de trabajo. El empleado exitoso también debe "colocar todas las tortillas en la misma dirección". Evidentemente, se necesita un ojo increíblemente entrenado para determinar qué final de una tortilla redonda entra primero. Además, él (o ella) debe "saber qué lado de la tortilla es el lado derecho hacia arriba." Eso enviará probablemente por lo menos el 90% de los wannabes de nuevo a la calle allí. Pero en el caso de que un pretendiente miope de alguna manera atraviese las grietas, el verdadero profesional tortilla lanzador debe cuidadosamente "quitar todas las tortillas fuera de la especificación y saber qué es una tortilla aceptable".

El disyuntor de acuerdo quizás sea este último requisito. Si quieres lanzar tortillas para Mama Ruiz, debes tener de uno a seis meses de experiencia previa. Ella no está tomando greenies. Usted puede obtener con una referencia de El Chico en su currículum, pero espera un período de formación rigurosa antes de empezar a lanzar para El Monterrey. Estoy seguro de que usted puede ver de estos cinco requisitos difíciles por qué Trump es inflexible acerca de mantener los principales lanzadores de tortilla en este país y no permitir que la empresa familiar Ruiz se mude a México.

Así que, si estás en un callejón sin salida y preguntándose si lanzar tortillas es el reto que necesitas, ¿por qué no darle una oportunidad a El Monterey? Seguro que es un gran paso a Denison, por lo que podría tratar de conmutar a Texas desde Tennessee por un tiempo para averiguar si usted tiene las cosas adecuadas para esta posición exigente. Pero recuerda ... no es para las mariquitas de Eggo.

Http://www.elmonterey.com/

FTFY

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Like 5
19 minutes ago, bud said:

Should these delicious delicacies drive you to an early grave, could you leave me your remaining stockpile? They sound heavenly!

But seriously, I'm calling my wife who's at Kroger now to get them added to the list...

That is wise as they are very tasty.  There are actually 4 or 5 different ones available with different stuff wrapped up.

23 minutes ago, CZ9MM said:

Ya que tengo un tercio de los requerimientos de comida de mi cuerpo fuertemente invertidos en El Monterey, pensé que era mejor chequear a la familia Ruiz que hace estos pick-me-uppers. Han estado satisfaciendo comedores como yo desde 1964, comenzando con un pequeño mezclador y la receta secreta de Mama Ruiz en un almacén de 500 pies cuadrados. El trabajo duro, la dedicación y la extraordinaria capacidad de evitar los agentes de ICE han mantenido esta larga tradición de maravillosos preparativos del sur de la frontera.

What, no Spanish translation?

18 minutes ago, bud said:

Should these delicious delicacies drive you to an early grave, could you leave me your remaining stockpile? They sound heavenly!

But seriously, I'm calling my wife who's at Kroger now to get them added to the list...

Aw, bud....while chemical preservatives may sound dangerous, let's not knock these tasty elements that appeal to today's adventurous connoisseur of frozen fast food delights. Sure, they're not for everybody's enjoyment (even though everybody eats them in one grocery commodity or another), but I personally know several junk food junkies who relish the taste of such tantalizing treats as Yellow Dye No. 5, sodium benzoate and various mouth-watering humectants. One even walks around happily chewing on assorted tantalizing flavors of xanthan gum. 

Consider that only 70 years ago when the food supply was pure, yet boring, the human life expectancy was a mere 45 years. Today, thanks to food preservatives, we might enjoy well over 80 years of day to day preservation while munching on a seemingly endless diet of chemical formulas. Why should health gurus recommend such idiotic menus such as a Paleolithic diet when the cavemen only lived slightly more than 30 years? 

But don't worry about me. The chili peppers in the Louisiana hot sauce that I lavishly spread across the burritos are guaranteed to burn out and kill each and every deadly molecule of unpronounceable additives that would normally deplete my nutritious supply of precious bodily fluids.

• Like 1

I have some in the freezer right now! But my delicate intestinal tract cannot take such a steady diet of these treats. One a day, for 2 or 3, days will send me into a panic to always be near a semi-clean lavatory facility.

I took my life in my hands and had 2 for breakfast Tuesday morning. I'm just now recovering from the multi runs to the crapper!

But you are right...they are very good.