EBR Noob. Budget complete uppers?

Guest truthsayer

Guest truthsayer

I just put a lower on layaway. I'm gonna need a lot of help. Be forewarned.

If you were building your first flattop, mid-length EBR, what complete 5.56 upper would you buy if you were poor as dirt?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold yer horses...ask jcochran88 about his Model 1 experience.

Less than prompt, honest, or friendly.

Really? I've got a buddy thats done 2 builds through them and he was happy enough.

I would personally recommend Del-Ton, as I had an excellent purchasing experience w/ them... but there's that whole 4month wait thing :shrug:

Guest Bronker
Really? I've got a buddy thats done 2 builds through them and he was happy enough.

I would personally recommend Del-Ton, as I had an excellent purchasing experience w/ them... but there's that whole 4month wait thing :shrug:

I agree poak, there's nothing 'prompt' for anybody right now.

Guest db99wj

I went with Del Tone, I knew the wait going in. I have a everything but the stripped receiver bought, for a hair over $500.

Here is the breakdown

16" Mid-Length Rifle Kit

[16 Rifle Kit - ML Barrel:DTI 16" 1x9 Mid-Length Heavy Barrel]

[16 Rifle Kit / Rifle -ML Handguards:Mid-Length Handguard with Heat Shields]

[Rifle Kit / Rifle -BC:Standard Bolt & Carrier]

[Rifle Kit / Rifle -Buttstock:M4 Buttstock - Black]

[Rifle Kit / Rifle -Grips:Ergo Sure Grip -Right hand]

[Rifle Kit / Rifle-Carrying Handle:None]

[Rifle Kit / Rifle-Flash Hiders:A2 Flash Hider]

[Rifle Kit / Rifle-Gas Blocks:Standard A2 Front Sight]

[Rifle Kit / Rifle-Lower Parts:Standard Lower Parts]

[Rifle Kit / Rifle-T Handle:Standard Charging Handle]

[Rifle Kit / Rifle-Uppers:Flat Top Upper with T-Marks

Guest Mugster

Honestly, I can afford what I want. And I'd get the same thing, a doublestar upper from J&T sales. They have heavy/match barrels that work well, and the budget plinking stuff is pretty good too. I own 3 of their uppers, 2 in 5.56 and 1 in x39. Quality stuff, imo. They might be a little higher than del-ton, I don't know. Before the craziness, a carbine length 16" barrel non-chrome was $305 sans charging handle and BCG. Run ya $415ish out the door at a gunshow. I dunno now, I assume they are charging more like everyone else.

The only thing I think they lack (that i might want) are M4 feed ramps, which might help with a hollow point. Mine both feed sierra 55gr bthp, and thats got a pretty big hole in the front of it. Notably, my x39 upper will not feed prvi spire points. I don't know if the m4 cuts would help...i suspect not.

Guest gcrookston
yeah, what kinda case is that ?

That's a Stom case with an Armalite Super SASS in it. I have several Pelican's, but Joe @ Hero Gear convinced me to try something differenet. Good case, I'm well pleased.

The M4 is a TE lower, a YHM upper, DPMS internals, CMMG match trigger, Viltor stock.

Re: Storm Case

Guys, FYI Pelican purchased Hardig/Storm case a few weeks ago.

Reason? Storm Case has a better latching system, and Pelican knew it.

Plan? Pelican cases will feature the Storm latches in the next 6 months (projected)

We will be blowing Storm Cases out at amazing prices in about 30 days to start making room for the new Pelicans.

More to follow...

Re: Storm Case

Guys, FYI Pelican purchased Hardig/Storm case a few weeks ago.

Reason? Storm Case has a better latching system, and Pelican knew it.

Plan? Pelican cases will feature the Storm latches in the next 6 months (projected)

We will be blowing Storm Cases out at amazing prices in about 30 days to start making room for the new Pelicans.

More to follow...

What kind of price can you get me on an IM2200 with foam? Im needing that exact case to fit my M11