Hello, I am a fifteen year old boy who is trying to learn to sell some guns, and as I viewed this Forumn, it looked very welcoming. My dad inherited some antique guns from my grandfather, and we don't really use them. We hunt a lot but not with the antique guns, so we would rather someone else have them who enjoys them more. And he put me in charge of selling them. I know I am very inexperienced with this subject, so I came here for some help.

Thanks

• Like 1

First, do your homework..bet you've heard that before, do some research on your guns to get an idea of how much they're worth. Look up, or ask here, what is required to sell guns.  Get a paid account and list them here being sure to use some current pictures.  Best to have your dad involved also, specially during the handoff.  I would also download the bill of sale on this site and be sure to say you intend to use one in your ads.  Good luck with your future sales.

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice. This is a lot of new information for me. I had done a few hours of research before this, but I could never get an accurate price on the guns. Is the best way to figure out the price using an appraiser? #Omega 

Edited by Hall Barry

The way I do it is to search for the make and model of the gun on sites like gunbroker to see how much they sold for (not starting price) then base my price on that.  I have to tell you though, it's not a sellers market right now, many guns are being sold rather low. 

Getting them appraised will cost, making the final profit lower.  Unless you have something a collector may want, it may be a waste of money going that route.  

• Like 1

If you message me a list of makes and models, I can look them up in the Standard Catalog of Firearms for 2017 and the 2017 Blue Book. Those prices will not be 100% market true, but can help when comparing to Gunbroker.com pricing.

• Like 1

Hall, you should know that it is against the law for you as a minor to sell, possess, or own a handgun (that is, a pistol or revolver). 

If your grandfather has any handguns, you need to get your dad to set up a benefactor account here if you want to sell them on this website. 

You should also know that the federal government and anti-gun activists monitor firearm websites like this one to find any wrongdoing.

As a result, it is absolutely essential that you follow the letter of the law when selling firearms. It would be best if your dad set up an account to sell whatever firearms your family wants to part with.  You can of course help him with uploading pictures and so on. 

• Like 1