did some mods to my Glock's

Guest tbreed725

Guest tbreed725

they had been modded a little before but i wasn't completly happy with the bumps left from the finger grooves on the 23 so i took more off and did more stippling absolutley love it now , and the 19 had a different pattern to the grip stippling i redid it to my liking better .

DSCF1896.jpg

DSCF1898.jpg

and this is what i carry every day

DSCF1907.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbreed725

yea i did it myself if you do it yourself make sure not to press into the plastic as it can ruin the frame , try out your pattern and work on an airsoft gun or an old plastic mag bottom first

That's one of the better self-done stippling jobs that I have seen to date. You did good. :D
+1 to that! I've been fighting the urge to have my G29 stippled, as I've put plenty of money into her already. Still, that 10mm is a beast of a round, so the old gal tries real hard to squirm out of my hand--especially in rapid fire. I've been using grip tape to compensate, but it pretty much destroys my back and my shirt when I carry IWB. Seeing the quality work you were able to do is inspiring...
Guest tbreed725
That looks good, but if you go to resell it later (I know we all plan to keep them forever, but that rarely happens) I think it might make it difficult./QUOTE]

i will never get rid of either of these one was a present from my wife and the other my mother neither one will EVER leave em .

i've been thinking about having a 3rd gen G22 getting a grip chop down to a 27 size, finger grooves removed and some stippling done on it.../QUOTE]

ive done a few grip chops and stippling jobs to other guns as long as you take your time it turns out good .

here is a xd i did recently and had to sell on the board it looked good i thaught and so did the one i sold it to

1225081107a.jpg

Dang. You using that sandpapery skateboard tape?

- OS

Yep. The rubbery stuff doesn't work as well, and I've got to be able to tame the beast if I want to keep carrying my 10mm for personal defense. My follow-ups in rapid-fire are dead-on now, but it's hell on the flubber and the wardrobe.
Yep. The rubbery stuff doesn't work as well, and I've got to be able to tame the beast if I want to keep carrying my 10mm for personal defense. My follow-ups in rapid-fire are dead-on now, but it's hell on the flubber and the wardrobe.

Does your grip actually depend on the inside part of the grip?

Meaning, I've got I guess average hand size for a 6'2" guy, but my fingers barely make it all the way around the front strap to the actual flat surface on inside (right handed).

So, I have grip tape on outside of butt and on inside thumb niche only. And for just that reason...didn't want the inside of grip to sand my waistline down (even though it could use it).

- OS

xd-grips.jpg

Does your grip actually depend on the inside part of the grip?

Meaning, I've got I guess average hand size for a 6'2" guy, but my fingers barely make it all the way around the front strap to the actual flat surface on inside (right handed).

So, I have grip tape on outside of butt and on inside thumb niche only. And for just that reason...didn't want the inside of grip to sand my waistline down (even though it could use it).

Actually, yes. I'm 6'5", and I have the largest hands (heel to fingertip) of anyone I know. That's a big reason why I didn't mind carrying the G29 with its big, fat grip in the first place. I probably could've gotten away with not putting the inside panel on, but then it wouldn't have been as pretty, either... :)