baby glock anyone?

tn terry t

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. Difference in 26 and 19 is 1/2 inch length and height. They are the same width. The half inch in height is a floating little finger, unless you install mag extension, then that jacks up the price and adds height. We are back where we started. The longer barrel is more accurate. I carry a 19 everyday. Very concealable. Half inch smaller in length and height will not make a 26 any more concealable.

i carry a 27, and i can hide it much easier IWB with just a tshirt for cover than i can a 19 or 23. maybe its just me or maybe its my body's shape...but the 27 works much better for me...

I have a 26 and have the same experience. The smaller gun hides a lot better on me.

Remember, you can always put a G17 or G19 mag into a G26 if capacity is a concern. For a few bucks you can get a magazine sleeve that will make it feel like a bigger grip. You can't make a G17 or G19 shorter.

For me, the subcompacts (aka baby Glocks) are easier to conceal than the compacts. Even though I have a mag extension on my 27, it's easier to hide. Many argue that the grip extensions negate any advantage, because they have as long a grip as the compacts. This is true, to an extent. The smaller guns are the same length along the front of the grip, but are shorter along the back. All the bobtail 1911s that have recently become more popular are more concealable for the same reasons. Also, the shorter overall length seems to poke my side a little less, especially when driving.

Guest cdsusong

I had a 26 and carried it in a blackhawk (serpa) and a Don hume IWB. The IWB was not a problem for extended wear, however long car rides would start to chaff a little. I liked both of these options and am in the process of hunting one down for my Ruger SR9.

I loved my 27 but every time I put it in a IWB holster it was too thick...at least for me as I have the bulge at the belt line. Not a big one just enough. So I tried one of those spring clips and I really like it. It was a little odd at first but it really grows on you.

BTW, Since when can we get 28's?

Just got back from running errands carrying my G26 iwb in a High Noon Holster's Bare Asset- works well for me. I sometimes carry the G19 in the same holster- works well for both of my 9mm Glocks.

I shoot the G19 a little bit better better than the G26, but I definitely shoot the G26 good enough for self defense purposes.

i was only stating the baby glock numbers, i know a glock armorer who has a glock 28 but he also has a glock 18 the 18 is the selective fire it is pretty awesome. i dont know how he got his hands on them nor do i care to ask.

i carry a 27, and i can hide it much easier IWB with just a tshirt for cover than i can a 19 or 23. maybe its just me or maybe its my body's shape...but the 27 works much better for me...

+1 same for me, I love my 27! I do carry the 23 from time to time but usually the 27..

WELP i made the trip to guns and leather saturday i looked and held most everything they had on the shelf. for the money and my wearing of overalls i picked a #4 blackhawk pocket holster and the Glock26 9mm right now it seems to fit the bill.

one gent behind the counter pulled out his BUG and it was a tomcat i will be going back in the near future to purchase the tomcat 32cal.

you know. ive heard that G&L had a bunch of buttheads working there.

No way i could have asked for better service. The gent i was working with was very patient with me being very green at this gun stuff he came out from behind the counter and waded thru a sea of people there and helped me make my choice of holster thanks G&L i shall return