Chattanooga shoot

Here's what i'm thinking, if anyone is interested. I'm a member at carters shooting supply on 58, he's got a six lane indoor range up to 23 yards. it's a decent range, could use a little better ventilation, but all and all it's nice. my house is approx 1/4 mile from the range, i've got 3 spare bedrooms, 2 couches, two and a half bathrooms and room for plenty of blowup mattresses. Pending on response to this thread i would love to schedule a shoot in July for here in chattanooga. again, pending interest i would set up something with carter for everyone to shoot for the day or days at a discount, he's got full autos for rent, once a month i believe, and i would love to set up a private shoot where this would be possible (single guests usually shoot free with me, if i have multiple, usually $5 if you buy ammo there, prices aren't bad). let me know what you guys think. this range is extremely laid back and relies on responsible members to take care of safe shooting. July is basically the only month i have available until september due to all these freaking people getting married this summer. anyway, let me know what you guys think.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EasilyObsessed

I might be interested depending on the date. My sister lives in Chattanooga and I am probably due for another visit soon.

I have bought plinking ammo there, I did not take a look at the range though... He did have nice rate for range usage though.

My parents live in Cahattanooga so I would not need room and board...

Pick a date I will see if I can make it.

Guest Ph34rful

How do you like it there?

I just took my class there. (Today actually)

And I think I'm going to join up.

Oh and I'm interested if you get something together.

How do you like it there?

I just took my class there. (Today actually)

And I think I'm going to join up.

Oh and I'm interested if you get something together.

I like it, it's convienent for me. The discount on ammo and targets make the prices comparable to wally world so i don't have to worry about going to two places. if you want to go shoot there, let me know and i'll take you in as a guest, i also have discount passes if you are thinking about signing up for a membership.

Guest samueld308

I would be interested.

Make sure to get the date out to us as early as possible so we can plan for the event.

I would bet I can get 3 or 4 more from the Winchester area, if their schedule allows.

I live about 14 minutes from there (as of right now, about to move in a month, will be 50 miles, but not as far as the winchester crew). I have one of the limited memberships there, was waiting on a buddy to join up with me to get the discounted rate, just when that was about to happen, I found out I was going to end up moving 40 miles the other direction, so I just saved my $$$ and pay the 10$ fee the rare occasions I can get out there these days.

I'm game, as long as its not the day(s) I'm moving. Think he'll let people bring their own machine guns? <g>

Here's a link to the range part of their website, you can find the address for mapping it out by clicking the "home" tab on the top left. Home page has a gunshot sound on it that may be a bit loud, just a heads up

http://www.cartershooting.com/range.htm

**BRENT**

Alright, looks like we'll have enough interest for this to happen so i will go talk to carter today and see what i can set up. I'm going to to see about the weekends of the 21st or the 28th depending on the full auto days and what he's got going on.

Alright, looks like we'll have enough interest for this to happen so i will go talk to carter today and see what i can set up. I'm going to to see about the weekends of the 21st or the 28th depending on the full auto days and what he's got going on.

That would be perfect for us:up:

alrighty, looks like the 28th due to a CCW class on the 21st. He's going to come up with some prices and contact the full auto guys to see if they will come for the day. you can also bring your full autos but must buy ammo from there. i'm going to try to cut a deal on per person price and a discount on ammo if we all buy our ammo there. I was thinking about 12-4pm range time, then back to my house for a cookout and some hangout time. for those driving a long way you're welcome to stay friday and saturday, friday night there is a lookouts game at 7:15 and that's always a good time for $5. I figured that having the shoot at 12 would give those who didn't want to stay a chance to drive up for the day. carter is supposed to call me back tomorrow and i'll haggle with him, any other opinions or ideas are welcomed, let me know

alrighty, looks like the 28th due to a CCW class on the 21st. He's going to come up with some prices and contact the full auto guys to see if they will come for the day. you can also bring your full autos but must buy ammo from there. i'm going to try to cut a deal on per person price and a discount on ammo if we all buy our ammo there. I was thinking about 12-4pm range time, then back to my house for a cookout and some hangout time. for those driving a long way you're welcome to stay friday and saturday, friday night there is a lookouts game at 7:15 and that's always a good time for $5. I figured that having the shoot at 12 would give those who didn't want to stay a chance to drive up for the day. carter is supposed to call me back tomorrow and i'll haggle with him, any other opinions or ideas are welcomed, let me know

That is going to pretty much kill it for me.

I'd probably be able to come over on one of those weekends. Sounds like a couple cars will be needed for the Winchester area shooters.

I know the way but I can only fit 4 in my car...

Of course Sam could ride in the trunk... :D

Seriously though, my car is not big enough for gear and people so I could navigate if someone has a passenger vehicle.

After a week of no return calls from carters i went in to shoot today and asked what was up. for none members they charge $30 to shoot ($20 for a partial membership and $10 per visit) they said they would give us $15 for the day (that would go to the partial membership so it would only cost you $10 a visit if you ever wanted to shoot there again). of course with this they said we would have to buy our ammo there. i usually shoot their blazer alm at $11 a 50 box for the .40. the 9 is like $9. those that showed interest or are interested please let me know ASAP. im a little dissapointed that they never got back to me, but like i've said before, the range is convienent.

Guest Ph34rful
After a week of no return calls from carters i went in to shoot today and asked what was up. for none members they charge $30 to shoot ($20 for a partial membership and $10 per visit) they said they would give us $15 for the day (that would go to the partial membership so it would only cost you $10 a visit if you ever wanted to shoot there again). of course with this they said we would have to buy our ammo there. i usually shoot their blazer alm at $11 a 50 box for the .40. the 9 is like $9. those that showed interest or are interested please let me know ASAP. im a little dissapointed that they never got back to me, but like i've said before, the range is convienent.

Ya, they've never seemed eager to please or very friendly to me. But convenience is a huge thing for me too. Once I decide on which gun to purchase, I am sure I will join their range.

I'm going to have to cancel this shoot. Buddy of mine just found out he's gotta move to richmond, va. I'm going to help him and his wife move up there that weekend, so instead of shooting, i will be driving.. a lot :devil: i will try and set something up later on in the year, maybe september. sorry everybody

• 1 year later...
How about hosting a SUAREZ class? Or starting a week night IDPA MATCH?

O'Neal and me tried that,remember? It got to where nobody showed up and I had to give half the entry fee back to Carter.You think running one match a month gets old try one a week and helping O'Neal at CRC as well.I got so burned out that I never really had the burning desire to compete after that.That is why I only came to CHRPC every now and then.Now I'm just a plinker.:P