Decision time any thoughts XDM or Glock

Guest edge3343

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Blazer Brass and/or WWB are not "commercially remanufactured ammunition" are they? Just got a new Glock 26, and can't help but be a bit concerned after seeing that :cool:

No. It is factory ammo. You can go buck wild with Wally World ammo, it is all I shoot. You can shoot reloads all day long in a Glock, they just are not as reliable and obviously quality control is less so there is more of a risk to get a double charged round or something. What you DO NOT wan to do is shoot bare lead bullet through factory Glock barrels. Stick with Jacketed bullets, JHP, FMJ etc. The bare lead will foul up the rifling quickly, and cause pressure to increase and could eventually lead to damage or failure.

Guest Scarecrow

I had the same debate when I bought my first gun. Overall, I think it's a wash and you can't go wrong with either. After all my debating, I went with the XDM because the ergos felt better at my time of purchase.

These are the pros and cons I used in my decision making:

XDM (9mm)

pros: Good ergos (for me). Larger stock capacity. Match Barrel. Grip Safety (pro for me, not everyone). Lifetime warrenty.

Cons: Cost more than the Glock for me. A bit big for CCW. Felt Heavier. XDM is a new model, At my time of purchase not alot of reviews. Must be sent in for repairs.

Not as many accessories at time of purchase.

Glock (glock 19)

pros: lighter weight. glocks have long history of reliablity. larger community of accessories and parts. Better size for ccw. Cheaper price tag.

cons: smaller stock capacity than xdm. grip initially felt 'off' for me. No grip safety. shorter barrel.

In the end, it was the capacity and ergos that won it for me. I could have easily went with the Glock 19 . Guess you can say I flipped a coin. I am extremely happy with the XDM. I did go back to 'review' the Glock 19, it is definately growing on me.

My only regret is that I should have gotten my gun in .40 because of the availability of a conversion kit, giving me the option of shooting .40 and 9mm (in either glock or springfield xdm).

I dont think you will be dissapointed with either decision. In the end it all comes down to how it feels for you up until your decision to buy it.

Guest hickok

Both work fine, apparently. I like the Glock for it's rugged simplicity of design. Almost anybody can take one down completely and replace any part, which will be widely available online. I admit to my bias.

Guest JHatmaker

Might as well jump in here with my $0.02. I bought an XDM and liked it a lot, it came with all those extra goodies, just an all around great gun.

Decided I wanted a compact 1911 and sold the XDM to put towards the 1911.

Ran across a Glock at a decent price and decided to get it. For some reason I like it more, it's hard to explain but it just feels and shoots better to me.

Moral of the story, like everyone's been saying, get what feels the best for you. Both guns are great so it's not like you're going to be missing out if you buy one vs the other.

I own both,

I shoot both,

can't really tell much of a difference between them.

I like the two tone stainless/black combo on some of the XDs, but a hard chrome slide on a Glock looks just as nice.

XDs have a metal guide rod where Glocks factory piece is super plastic but easily changeable.

6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other in my book

Guest tacticalteacher

I've never shot an XD but I like the way they feel in my hand and would love to have one as a backup, just in case I just happen to run out of ammo in my Glock 22 and 27. As far as caliber, I prefer the .40, it will drop them like a wet dish rag.

Guest Loaded247

I carry a G22 for duty, and a G17 off duty. However, I also have an XD45 Service model. If I had to pick one, then it would be the XD45 Service.

• Administrator

Glock or XD...

XD or M&P...

Striker fired or hammer fired...

Plastic or metal...

Chevy or Ford...

Dr Pepper or Mr Pibb...

Coke or Pepsi...

Nike or Reebok...

Foreign or Domestic...

Catholic or Protestant...

Baptist or Methodist...

You get the point I hope. :screwy:

Glock or XD...

XD or M&P... M&P

Striker fired or hammer fired... Hammer

Plastic or metal... Metal

Chevy or Ford... Ford

Dr Pepper or Mr Pibb... Dr Pepper

Coke or Pepsi... Coke

Nike or Reebok... New Balance

Foreign or Domestic... Foreign (if we are talking cars and beer)

Catholic or Protestant... None

Baptist or Methodist... None

You get the point I hope. :D

I posted the correct answer key for you :screwy: