Giving away a Savage A22 at NRL22 SE on April 13th

billmeek

I joined the local NRL22 matches here in Middle TN this year. Since the SE Regional match is going to be held locally, of course I’ll attend even though I don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of winning. I have been lucky enough to win a couple of prizes at the national level including an Area 419 rail for a CZ 455 or 457 in the random draw for February. While there is going to be a prize table for winners, NRL22 has been very good to me and I thought I’d give back something locally by putting up a better item for a random draw than might otherwise be available so that everyone competing has a chance at winning a nice prize.

So I’m donating a Limited Edition (from 2017) Savage A22 FV FDX XP rifle. This is a new in the box rifle that has only been pulled out to take the accompanying pictures. The difference of this model from the standard Savage A22 is that it has a FDE stock, 16.5″ threaded barrel, comes with a Butler Creek 25-round mag (in addition to the regular 10-round rotary mag), and is topped off with a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot sight. I have another one of these (scoped) and it’s pretty accurate for an out of the box 22LR.

Please note that I'm personally providing this rifle without compensation from the league, I'm not attempting to advertise my business, nor am I associated with NRL22 or the local chapter other than just being a member and enjoying the sport.  It's my way of giving back to the local club by encouraging others to show up for the match.

To win the rifle:
1) You must register for the 2019 NRL22 SE Regionals. Note - you do NOT have to be a NRL22 member to sign up for the regionals and participate.
2) Show up and shoot the 12 stages.
3) Be there in person for the prize drawing after the match.
4) And put up with having your photo taken with your new Savage A22 FV FDX XP rifle. Big grin is optional.

More details on the match:

The NRL.22 South East Regional Championship will be a 1-day precision rimfire event consisting of 12 stages and requiring a minimum of 120 rounds to complete. Target engagements may range from 25 to 370 yards.

The NRL22 South East Regional is a stand alone event. The match will be ran under the 2018-2019 NRL22 rule set. However the match does not count toward season points or placement in the National Championship. Shooters should expect a fun and challenging match.

The NRL22 South East Regional is open to all shooters. It is not required to be a NRL22 member to enter or draw from the prize table. The match is open to all shooters from all locations.

The match fee includes a match t-shirt, lunch, and 12 challenging stages.

For any questions, feel free to call the match director Mike Millikan at 931-306-1090

Registration is open on practiscore:
https://practiscore.com/2019-nrl-22-south-east-regional-championship/register

Price: $75

Address: Eagle Eye Shooting Complex
30 Elk Ridge Rd.
Mt. Pleasant, TN 38474

Start time: 7:00 am on April 13th 2019.

A22_FV_FDX_XP1.JPG

A22_FV_FDX_XP2.JPG

A22_FV_FDX_XPlabel.JPG

ButlerCreekMag.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A little more information on the match from Mike (the match director):

Friday, April 12th we will have a day where all of you are welcome to come out and gather dope, and test shoot off of different props. However, I am not releasing the actual Course of Fire, until Saturday morning April 13th. There will be a $15 range fee on Friday, (exceptions for a range member.) Unfortunately I do not own the range and have to charge people to use it.

Saturday, April 13th. I will open the gates around 6:00 am. Feel free to come out around that time and check your zero. Shooter's meeting will start at 7:00 am, at the club house. We will break into squads and begin shooting directly after that.

Finally I have some target distances for you all to practice. I won't give away the COF, but I will allow you guys to get some D.O.P.E.. There are a couple of stages that I can't get firm distance on until the Thursday before the match, with this being a public shooting range.

Here are target distances in yards:
50,62,67,75,85,77,93,100,106,120,125,135,144,150,175,198,199,200,265,275,300,368,

Some of these distance duplicate, and there will likely be a few more target distances less than 200 yards.