Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Feral Human

New member in Benton Co.

Recommended Posts

Just joined TGO after reading article in local paper on a meeting I didn't even know happened concerning making Benton Co. a Gun Sanctuary. Heart broken that I missed the meeting as I STRONGLY support this. Was unaware of TGO & joined up immediately. 

I'm a Peace time Marine Corp veteran 85-89. Born in S. Florida & escaped my home State feeling like the Frankenstein Monster chased by torch wielding Villagers. Too many people swarming into Fla. from everywhere else & immediately start complaining to city/county government that Florida wasn't exactly like where ever they came from. Been a Proud Tennesseeyun going on 12 years now & plan to die here. Never felt more at home in spite of being a bit of an introvert & not fitting in anywhere. 

Strongly believe that our First & Second Amendment rights are under attack from the very same garbage who want Transsexuals reading stories to our Kindergarten age kids & if we let them take either, than America will be lost forever. I'm basically a right of center (closed borders) Libertarian politically. I'm not a Church goer but, I AM a Christian & know for a FACT that Prayer has changed my life for the better.

I love a good Cheese Burger if it's real meat & NOT processed food like product, Chicken wings & sometimes a fermented beverage or two but, never more than 4. Hope to eventually meet some like minded Patriots for friendship & non-violent activism in the Defense of our Constitutional Republic which (IMO) has never been in more desperate need of defending.

Barry/ Feral Human: Feral as in "Escaped from captivity & returned to the wild."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome. Im also a vet, and was stationed for a short time at Homestead AFB, down near Miami. I hated it, lol, and now I live outside Nashville, where I see the same thing you describe in Fl.  Buncha outsiders moving in from north east and west coast, wanting to make this just like the place they ruined before moving here...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Defender said:

Welcome. Im also a vet, and was stationed for a short time at Homestead AFB, down near Miami. I hated it, lol, and now I live outside Nashville, where I see the same thing you describe in Fl.  Buncha outsiders moving in from north east and west coast, wanting to make this just like the place they ruined before moving here...

Yeah I always hated driving around Miami. Been all over the world & to this day Miami is the only city I've ever seen a dead body laying on the side of the road. I like Nashville though. Been to a handful of concerts & usually make a monthly trip to Costco there. Nashville doesn't seem quite so bad to drive through as far as big cities go. I usually hate driving in big city traffic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 4:24 PM, Feral Human said:

Born in S. Florida & escaped my home State feeling like the Frankenstein Monster chased by torch wielding Villagers. Too many people swarming into Fla. from everywhere else & immediately start complaining to city/county government that Florida wasn't exactly like where ever they came from. Been a Proud Tennesseeyun going on 12 years now & plan to die here. Never felt more at home in spite of being a bit of an introvert & not fitting in anywhere. 

Strongly believe that our First & Second Amendment rights are under attack from the very same garbage who want Transsexuals reading stories to our Kindergarten age kids & if we let them take either, than America will be lost forever. I'm basically a right of center (closed borders) Libertarian politically. I'm not a Church goer but, I AM a Christian & know for a FACT that Prayer has changed my life for the better.

I love a good Cheese Burger if it's real meat & NOT processed food like product, Chicken wings & sometimes a fermented beverage or two but, never more than 4. Hope to eventually meet some like minded Patriots for friendship & non-violent activism in the Defense of our Constitutional Republic which (IMO) has never been in more desperate need of defending.

I can relate on many of your points.  I've been in Central East Coast Florida for the past 35 years.  2.75 years more than I can retire without penalty.  I'm anxious to get up to the Cumberland Plateau area for good.  Like you, I consider myself an introvert.  I just want to be in the middle of nowhere, but with a few modern conveniences, and left alone.

My work and hobbies often take me to South Florida.  Often to Palm Beach County.  A lot in Broward County.  Davie in particular.  Occasionally to Miami and Coral Gables.  I feel like an outsider down there.  I definitely do not speak the language down there.  Not any of them.  Interesting that my firearms insurance through East Coast Collectibles  just barely covers my area.  They told me that if I lived just a few miles south in St. Lucie County rather than Indian River County they would not cover me.  When I asked why they simply told me "demographics and crime."  They say it has been moving north for years and it's only a matter of time until they won't cover my zip code, too.

I'm envious that you've been enjoying Tennessee for the past 12 years.  I look forward to being there also sooner than later.  Maybe we'll cross paths at a gun range or while enjoying a fermented beverage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2020 at 5:22 PM, billyblazes said:

I can relate on many of your points.  I've been in Central East Coast Florida for the past 35 years.  2.75 years more than I can retire without penalty.  I'm anxious to get up to the Cumberland Plateau area for good.  Like you, I consider myself an introvert.  I just want to be in the middle of nowhere, but with a few modern conveniences, and left alone.

My work and hobbies often take me to South Florida.  Often to Palm Beach County.  A lot in Broward County.  Davie in particular.  Occasionally to Miami and Coral Gables.  I feel like an outsider down there.  I definitely do not speak the language down there.  Not any of them.  Interesting that my firearms insurance through East Coast Collectibles  just barely covers my area.  They told me that if I lived just a few miles south in St. Lucie County rather than Indian River County they would not cover me.  When I asked why they simply told me "demographics and crime."  They say it has been moving north for years and it's only a matter of time until they won't cover my zip code, too.

I'm envious that you've been enjoying Tennessee for the past 12 years.  I look forward to being there also sooner than later.  Maybe we'll cross paths at a gun range or while enjoying a fermented beverage.

St. Lucie Co. is where I grew up. Ft. Pierce alone (not the entire county) usually had between 18 & 32 murders each year just before I left. Here in Benton Co. we've had 5 or 6 murders in the entire County since I moved here in '08. Indian River Co. was much safer & nicer than St. Lucie when I left. Miss that Indian River Pink Grapefruit. Really hard to find good Grapefruit here but, the grass fed beef available from the Amish in 1/4, 1/2 & full carcass & unpasteurized sourwood honey MORE than makes up for it.

Whenever you get here feel free to give me a shout. We've got a nice Gun Range in Huntingdon & A Bar & Grill with the Best burgers (real meat not processed) in town just 1/4 mile from my place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your service.

I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for a couple of years 85-86. The bars on the strip were still rockin’, but the spring break transition to Daytona was being made. Good times. My company moved us to Ocala. Wow, talk about culture shock.

I went on a cruise out of Miami a couple of years ago and spent a night in Ft. Lauderdale. What a shame. The Elbow Room was the only place that had more than a few people.

On 2/14/2020 at 2:20 PM, Feral Human said:

Nashville doesn't seem quite so bad to drive through as far as big cities go. I usually hate driving in big city traffic.

Just wait….Tennessee cops can’t get a wreck off the road. 🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines