Sabre Defence Industries in Nashville?

DaveTN

Anyone own one?

As best I can tell from the literature they are manufacturing all the components and assembling their rifles in Nashville. It appears they import the handguns.

I plan on buying 7.62 AR in the near future. They don’t offer one, but I’m just checking out manufacturers. Buying locally would be great.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mugster

Lol, probably what the OP wants to see is your opinion of if its a better lower or rifle than another make.

I ordered a RRA complete 20" A4 rifle about a month ago (still waiting). I looked hard at sabre (and shot one) but i could not tell they were worth the price premium over RRA. RRA's trigger is in a better state of tune from the factory too, so i ordered RRA.

They are all pretty good, IMO. Not sure you can go wrong.

:up:Assemble your own and get some "kewl" factor to boot.

ETS here or OEF-vet over on ARFCOM just did a group buy of Sabre Lowers and had them engraved with the TN three star logo.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=38&t=271897

Great price at $152.00

The lower has a better finish than my RRAs. I have not put a LPK in it yet but will do so this weekend as I have a .204 Ruger upper that will deliver MONDAY ! ! !

Take a look. Upper is a RRA UTE (universal tactical entry) and the Sabre Lower. You can see the super fine black anodizing they use. The RRA is a bit more shiny than it normally appears as I used BreakFree to clean it last time.

DSCF0004-1.jpg

I always wondered if the .204 ruger cartridge could be chambered in a Defensive/Offensive platform for "tactical" usage, loaded with proper projectiles... There are 50gr HPBT projectiles available, and the cartridge seems to provide better external ballistics than .223 in the given comparable projectile weights... It would be an interesting analysis. It certainly wouldn't be likely to be worthwhile without significant benefits to outweigh the increased costs, but still intriguing...

My first batch will be 40 grain V Max bought in bulk off Cabelas to generate some brass then I'll work up so differing loads. I'm still getting into reloading and don't have a chrony yet so data will be shoot and see. It will be interesting though. I just like the ability to shoot the AR platform in micro and cannon forms!

There certainly aren't many semi-auto platforms out there that can be swapped from .20 caliber to .50 caliber, and anything in-between, by simply changing the bolt, barrel, and perhaps the buffer-spring...

If I ever get back into the AR platform... I only forsee wanting 3 calibers:

- .22lr

- .45 Bushmaster

Then again, a 9mm upper would be nice, too... So, make that 4...

If I ever do a pistol caliber it will be the .40 S&W as that will match up with my PT 24/7 for ammo.

All you'll need for the .22lr is an adapted bolt so that won't even require a upper change out. If you want to go really advanced, you can get into the MGI quck change barrel systems. One upper and lower, carry extra bolts with chamber along with you and change in under a minute. Expensive though.

What's holding you back? With the political climate the way it is, NOW is the time to buy your black rifle and continue the spread of BRD.

RW

If I ever do a pistol caliber it will be the .40 S&W as that will match up with my PT 24/7 for ammo.

All you'll need for the .22lr is an adapted bolt so that won't even require a upper change out. If you want to go really advanced, you can get into the MGI quck change barrel systems. One upper and lower, carry extra bolts with chamber along with you and change in under a minute. Expensive though.

What's holding you back? With the political climate the way it is, NOW is the time to buy your black rifle and continue the spread of BRD.

RW

I had ARs for several years (only .223 and 9mm)... Got bored and sold them. Wanted one of those new Sig 556s, but after hearing some reliability and workmanship nightmare stories, decided to opt for a nice AK (Polish Tantal).

Shot one AK in my life, my brothers old one before he burned up the barrel. OK guns, I guess my history of being brought up in the cold war and being trained by the US Army in the 80s to recognize that weapon as a threat has permanently scarred me. I don't think I could own one even if given to me free. I would sell it and get something in a bolt or AR platform.

Not disparaging the AKs, they work very well. I just couldn't do it:(

Guest ETS_Inc

FYI, I am thinking about doing a Group Buy here with some Sabre lowers. If I do, I was planning to use the TNgunowners.com tri-shot logo, as opposed to the tri-star logo.

I'm getting ready to kick off a pretty big group buy on another forum right now, so it'll be a month or two before I'm in a position to do one here.

Consider this my "is there enough interest to warrant doing the group buy" posting. So, is there enough interest to warrant doing it?

• Administrator
FYI, I am thinking about doing a Group Buy here with some Sabre lowers. If I do, I was planning to use the TNgunowners.com tri-shot logo, as opposed to the tri-star logo.

I'm getting ready to kick off a pretty big group buy on another forum right now, so it'll be a month or two before I'm in a position to do one here.

Consider this my "is there enough interest to warrant doing the group buy" posting. So, is there enough interest to warrant doing it?

I'd go for a lower and endorse the use of our logo... especially if ETS became a sponsor/vendor here with a banner ad or something. :shrug:

Guest ETS_Inc
I'd go for a lower and endorse the use of our logo... especially if ETS became a sponsor/vendor here with a banner ad or something. :shrug:

That's something I've been considering since the day I joined. Once the website is complete, we'll definitely have to discuss the matter. (Of course, I'm a big proponent of the barter / trade system.)

Guest Jason F.

I (the company I work for) make parts for Sabre and other area manufacturers. So the parts they get from us I know are top quality :-)

All kidding aside many of the parts are made at various shops and bought by firearms manufacturers. No one really makes 100% in house. The thing that sets some apart from others is what they will buy and accept. Many folks only want first runs with very tight tolerance holding requirements. Sabre is one of those. We have other companies that will come in after the first run stuff gets sold and they will buy up our seconds and out of tolerance stuff. We machine rough castings and sometimes the castings are just too far out of spec for us to work with after we heat treat them.

There are even one or two companies that will buy up what we would consider scrap, worse than a second, and try to make it work.

They probably get some good parts out of it but they have to put work into it. Work that is not economical for us or other folks like Sabre to do.

I had the opportunity to fondle :rofl: a sabre Ar15 once while thy were wooing my lgs. Man that thing was nice. The one I checked out was a "tacticle" rifle I think that's what he said. anyway it was around $1500.00 and came in a very nice range bag, 3 30 rounders and a "shooters mat". the trigger on that thing was light and crisp. I really couldn't feel the trigger "snap" just felt the firing pin fall.