The Movie Thread

poak

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I was waiting for him to pick up one of the T-600's an d start screaming "who do you work for" in true Batman fashion :P

I thought the movie was very visually stunning. I like gritty post-apocalyptic realizations of the future, and they definitely got this one right.

LOL Yea I kinda had the whole "WHERE IS SHE?!!" line that he mumblescreamed in TDK in my head.

I read that the director McG had the cast and crew read The Road by Cormac McCarthy while they were filming. I thought that was cool, especially since we've been discussing that novel and forthcoming film so much here.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went tonight and saw Star Trek. Loved it from beginning to end. Fantastic special effects and a lot of unexpected comedy thrown in. Tells the story of how the original crew: Capt. Kirk, Spock, Ohura, Scotty, Bones, Chekov, Sulu and others got together to begin with. 4 Star movie all the way.

Night at the Museum and Drag Me to hell were both pretty good :D

DMTH wasn't as good ( or bad :D ) as Evil Dead but it did kinda have that same spooky,sick,haunted feel.

oh,and just make sure you don't eat before seeing that one! :/

Guest bkelm18

Watched Valkyrie last night. I thought it was great. I had always read about the bomb plot but never knew everything else that happened before and after. I was skeptical about Tom Cruise being in it but he does alright.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Hyaloid

I didn't do a search here, but Peter Jackson (produced I believe) a lower budget (I think like 35 million) sci-fi flick called District 9.

If you're a fan of the genre, you'll enjoy it. I liked that it cast relative unknown actors, it was well paced and at least partially unique plot.

I'd give it a solid B+.

Guest crotalus01

If you think Watchmen had a lot of schlong in it then watch Bruno...its not blue schlong but it bounces, goes round and round and then it TALKS! Some funny moments but you cant be too sensitive to ******ry as there is lots of it.

As for Watchmen, you really should read the graphic novel and then watch the directors cut. It was considered unfilmable for years, and Zach Snyder really pulled off as big a feat as Peter Jackson did with Lorrd of the Rings in being as faithful as he could to the graphic novel (Watchmen was the only graphic novel that was included in Time Magazine's Best Literary Works of the 20th Century by the way).

edit to add I used a slang word for homosexuality that was autoedited hence the *****ry - starts with an f followed by aggotry

Guest jsjracing

Been watching Band of Brother tonight while I was converting my Saiga 12's FCG.

Great movies about "the experiences of E Company ("Easy Company") of the 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment assigned to the 101st Airborne Division, from Easy's basic training at Toccoa, Georgia, through the American airborne landings in Normandy, Operation Market Garden, the Battle of Bastogne and on to the end of the war."

Guest Hyaloid
Really!?

I thought District 9 sucked buguns!

I thought the best part was waking up from my nap to leave(and that's literally,not figuratively) :popcorn:

Edit:I started a thread on it around here somewhere...

lol

Yeah, I can definitely see where ti wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea... it was a bit campy, but I enjoyed it from a storytelling point....