another Middle TN Meet n Shoot Event?

Guest mark_justmark

Guest mark_justmark

Does anyone have plans for another Meet & Shoot Event?

Maybe in a field by the Outpost Armory so we can shoot one of them cool .50's !?

50bmgr.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few of us are going to the Viola range this Saturday. Around 11:30 or so, if anyone wants to join us. No membership, $6 to shoot.

While we're there we are planning on asking the owner about a TGO shoot/cookout thing for the last weekend of March.

I was thinking about the Cheatham county range. I'm gonna go check it out this weekend. I'll let you know what I think about it after we shoot. It is open to the public and $5.50/day. Day permits can be obtained at Wal-Mart in the Sporting goods dept.

Guest RISC777
While we're there we are planning on asking the owner about a TGO shoot/cookout thing for the last weekend of March.

Slight, potential conflict for some with Hero-Gear's customer appreciation shindig?

But, I'm definitely up for a Mid TN shoot 'n meet 'n shoot 'n shoot . . .

Slight, potential conflict for some with Hero-Gear's customer appreciation shindig?

But, I'm definitely up for a Mid TN shoot 'n meet 'n shoot 'n shoot . . .

You are correct! We'll ask about doing it in April. I'm going to Hero Gear!

Guest mark_justmark

It has been a hundred years it seems since I've been up there, but I didn't know they charge to shoot up there now.

I was thinking about the Cheatham county range. I'm gonna go check it out this weekend. I'll let you know what I think about it after we shoot. It is open to the public and $5.50/day. Day permits can be obtained at Wal-Mart in the Sporting goods dept.
Guest JHatmaker

I know several folks are heading to the Stones River outdoor range in Antioch on Saturday. I imagine it'll be crowded since the weather is supposed to be nice. I'll be heading out their early.

I didn't like the range nazis at Stones River. It was too much controlled. Not my kind of place. JMHO. Mark, they don't charge to shoot at the Cheatham County range, but if TWRA catches you shooting there without the $5.50 permit, it will be bad.

Why not March and April shoots ? ;)

Well, some of us are planning on hitting the Hero Gear big-ass customer event, then going back out to Viola on March 28th.

If we decide on an April date, I can ask the Old Man who owns the range if he wouldn't mind a few of us coming out there and having a cookout and shooting for a while in April. The large covered area is plenty big enough for 10 or 20 people, and there are several more smaller covered ranges

Guest JHatmaker
I didn't like the range nazis at Stones River. It was too much controlled. Not my kind of place. JMHO. Mark, they don't charge to shoot at the Cheatham County range, but if TWRA catches you shooting there without the $5.50 permit, it will be bad.

They are pretty strict, but since it's an outdoor range and all, and they have 3 range officers for 50 stalls, they have to make sure everyone does the same thing I guess. But for $5.50 for 2 hours, I'll make due. One guy in particular though is a straight up range nazi. He's always been cool to me, but got on to my buddy for not taking is gun to the stall in it's box. This past Sunday was a sight, we got there right when it opened and didn't have to wait, but within 20 minutes of the range going "hot" it was full. When we left, there were 50+ people waiting to get in...

It's too bad I don't know someone with a bowling alley in their basement, and could convince them to turn it into a range...

I went to Cheatham County range last Sunday and it sucked. The pistol area was small. There was only one table for I think 4 shooters to share. You could not shoot closer than the 15 yd targets unless you bring your own target stand. All the targets were shot to pieces. No trash cans, so trash scattered all over the range. The rifle benches were BYOC (Bring your own chair). It really sucked. I won't be going back.

I went to Cheatham County range last Sunday and it sucked. The pistol area was small. There was only one table for I think 4 shooters to share. You could not shoot closer than the 15 yd targets unless you bring your own target stand. All the targets were shot to pieces. No trash cans, so trash scattered all over the range. The rifle benches were BYOC (Bring your own chair). It really sucked. I won't be going back.

That sucks. A few years back I and several other local shooters got together and spent a day cleaning that place up because it had been neglected and vandalized so badly that the state was going to shut it down. When we started the dumpster out front was empty. When we finished it was overflowing. I'm sorry to hear that it's degraded so much since then.