Out This Morning With The Model 60

pop pop

My family is here for Thanksgiving and my grandson (13) and granddaughter (11) wanted to get my squirrel rifle out for some target practice. We took the Marlin/w Leupold scope out, and went to the back yard range. They started shooting at hanging steel then graduated to hedge apples. They liked to see them explode after hitting them.

I am shocked how good they can shoot. Their mother is a natural shot and they take after her. We were shooting the apples and steel from about 50 ft. Their mother backed away to 75' and busted 3 apples out of 3 off-hand.  She has always been a crack shot with any gun. She has asked for my Henry Big Boy 38/357 lever gun when I am through with it. Told her she could have it, but not right now.  It is hers and my favorite long gun. I ain't through with it yet. 

We plan to get the bigger stuff out Friday. They can shoot up a wad of ammo if I allow them. We shot a 3rd of a box of 555 22LR this morning. Gave the neighbors something to think about. We waited until 10:30 to begin, out of respect. Their gone horseback riding now. OH, rest for the weary. 

We are blessed to have them all week. Love it. Going to give my Father's Remington Mdl 11 48 16 Ga  semi auto shotgun, along with a new in the box Remington 1911 A1, when we go down to visit them in February L/w. I think Parker will treasure his great grandfather's old shotgun. 

I will say he is showing some hormones this season. Puberty, do you guys remember? Kinda a rough time for young men, best I recollect. Their both good kids. 

Just fun memories, guys.

• Like 6
  • Love 4
On 11/24/2021 at 1:02 PM, pop pop said:

She has asked for my Henry Big Boy 38/357 lever gun when I am through with it. Told her she could have it, but not right now.  It is hers and my favorite long gun. I ain't through with it yet. 

Sounds like Santa needs a letter?   😉 

Pop Pop good memories you are making sir. Your daughter and grand-kids sound like my kind of people. I love to see kids being taught to shoot safely. All 3 of my grand-kids have their own firearms and the oldest 2 are hunters. I can attest, yes they will cherish their ancestors firearms. Shoot with them all you can, they won't forget you when they go out and shoot 50 years from now!!!